Webbed Wonder: The tap is back!

IceHockey333
IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
Dagger boosted, the Drax node is ripe.  Ready, set, tap!!!

It will be interesting to see who was really paying attention, and I am most curious to see how T10 alliance shakes out in the test vs. tap experiment.

Let the tapping begin!

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    T10 alliances will be the same as ever.
    Point spreads will balloon again, though.
    Squids get to use their tentacles again.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I bet the Bots are oiled and polished and just waiting to go at it again. Hopefully the test will become the norm soon.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Are there really some players who are excited to tap again? Seriously?
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Are there really some players who are excited to tap again? Seriously?
    Yes.

I like big taps and I cannot lie.

Kills time at work!
  • sandalsnopants
    sandalsnopants Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    The leaderboard in my slice of SCL 8, 11am CST, is strange looking already.  I finished 6th in initial clears with 13066 pts, and now I'm in 38th place 8 hrs later.  Five players have 16967+ pts and 11 are over 14k.  I've never noticed tapping being this bad before.  Is this happening in your brackets?  Is it a reaction to the experiment to end tapping?  

For all the people I read saying tappers are only in SCL 9 because of the latest legendary token, how do you explain this?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    They tapped a 3 pt node for ~3900 points? What kind of life is that? 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    This isn't tapping, it's people doing their final clears early because they're not playing for top placement and/or have real life obligations for the last hour of the sub.  I often play this way in S1 and am not the only one.

And whilst tapping is more prevalent in CL9, it certainly happens in lower clearance levels too.  I played a CL7 release event recently and at least half the top 10 tapped out a few hundred points throughout the event.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I posted similar experience before. I was in top 5 after my 1st clear and before I did my 2nd clear, I was in top 250. After the first sub is finished, I end up in top 20 because I don't have the 4* essential.

The only accurate way is to wait for the sub to end. Then if you made optimal/full clear (4+3 or 4+1+3) and yet the the players above you have a few hundred or thousand points more than you, and assuming you have all the essential characters, then they are indeed tapping.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    IMO anyone willing to put that much effort into tapping deserves the higher placement. There's nothing stopping anyone else from doing the same.

That said, I'm glad I only play for t50 so it doesn't effect me.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overclearing and suboptimal play are not tapping. You won't see tappers until the sub is about to end.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tappers got to cram a whole week's Worth of tapping into a Three Day event now...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to worry!  There is more tapping to be had in the upcoming DPvMPQ event.  Tap away!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm usually the top 3 in SCL 6 of my slice to finish the 1st 4 clear. However, I've been finishing in top 15 for these 2 subs. I went to check the rosters of the top 5 and see champed 5* and 4* at the top...
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Good news from my 3.9.2 Webbed Wonder bracket.  So far there's only one obvious tapper and only around a 100pt spread from 2nd to 10th.  

Bad news, the one world renowned tapper is already a full 1000pts clear of the field.  So I make that at least 334 (and likely way more) taps of the admittedly trivial 3pt Drax essential.
  • sandalsnopants
    I was VERY wrong.  It was just players doing pve as unoptimally as possible.  Carry on.  Sorry, everyone, for freaking out lol
  • sandalsnopants
    whoops wrong thread