Game starts frozen every first time [Fixed in 2.7]

Options
rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
Almost everytime I start the game in my tablet or in my phone (Android) it starts frozen in main window, the circle cycling in the middle and the left corner menu disabled.

Inbox button and vault button are enabled but do anything.

Just kill the app and restart it and then it starts perfect, but I have to open it twice.

It is only me?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi rafalele, 

Can you tell us more details about this, please? Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the game?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same here. Same problem, same solution. Happens mostly when the app idled in the background, and I try to return.
    android here
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Can confirm same issue on iPhone. It was an issue before this update, but you could bypass it before by just going into the menu, now you have to force quit the app and reopen it.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I confirm the same issue on Android. Before the last update I was able to work around it because I could open the side panel and load the vault or event screen. Now that the side panel is disabled until the last is ended I have to quit and reload the app to make it start properly.
    I didn't notice any difference between the two start up processes.
    Another thing I noticed is if a quit and reload the app before it freezes on the load screen, the next time I load it it will freeze. I guess it is something related to an unexpected suspension state
  • rafalele
    Options
    Hi rafalele, 

Can you tell us more details about this, please? Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the game?
    It started to happen since the last Rivals Update. Previous versions allowed me to press menu button and then I have all options available. In this version menu butyon is disabled as you can see in the image attached in the first post.

As other people said is not only me, and not only in Android.

I have no more details. 
  • Nikadaemus
    Nikadaemus Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have had this same issue since the update.  iPhone SE 64GB (with plenty of room) and iOS 11.2.6 should not be an issue.  I launch the game, let it get to the spinning circle, then I have to crash the app and relaunch.  it almost always works, but the last two days I have had to crash it multiple times.  I can't even crash the app before I first start as that does not work.  I am 'glad' to see I am not alone.
  • rafalele
    Options
    I have reinstalled the app in both devices and no more frozen start.
  • rafalele
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Oktagon_Daiane Uninstalling and installing worked for 2 or 3 days, today I got the same problem at starting the game this morning .

Also I have realized that the exit button does not work in Adroid, it seems to work, after pressing it closes the app, but it you start the game it does not load it just appears. I have to make a forced close in order to be able to restart. Thus also happens even when the game has started without any problem.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same issue is still there on iOS, but in my case I have to force quit the application sometimes three or four times before the game will actually load up. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We are currently investigating this issue, and would like anyone who still encounters the situation to send us (via PM) the UID, please.

If you have any observation in relation to when this happens (after reopening the game, in mobile connection, wifi, etc.) , please feel free to add a comment.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We are currently investigating this issue, and would like anyone who still encounters the situation to send us (via PM) the UID, please.

If you have any observation in relation to when this happens (after reopening the game, in mobile connection, wifi, etc.) , please feel free to add a comment.
    As far as I heard /my experience this bug seems to be fixed after the last update (although I had to reinstall because it didn't work at all at first)!
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This happens to me EVERY time i try to start the game after the update. I can not play the game. Running android. Afraid to reinstall game because i dont have facebook.
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How do you pm?
  • rafalele
    Options
    @Brigby, @Oktagon_Daiane I have reproduced this bug just trying to create a support ticket with the ingame option.

After writting the email to create a ticket nothing happened but that the game was frozen and had to restart. After that everytime the game started frozen.

Had to unistall and install it again.
  • gogol666
    Options
    rafalele said:
    @Brigby, @Oktagon_Daiane I have reproduced this bug just trying to create a support ticket with the ingame option.

After writting the email to create a ticket nothing happened but that the game was frozen and had to restart. After that everytime the game started frozen.

It just happened to me as well. I tried to open a ticket, I put my email in and then I got back to the settings screen. On the next launch of the application, it got stuck while fetching contents.
    See the screen at: https://ibb.co/cYj1O8
  • HJ16
    HJ16 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    rafalele said:

Exactly this. Except I couldnt write the ticket as that window didnt pop up at all.
  • gogol666
    Options
    After the update to 2.7 the issue is solved for me: I can use the helpshift support from the game and I can re-launch the game after that.
    To me it is solved
  • rafalele
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    After the update to 2.7 the issue is solved for me: I can use the helpshift support from the game and I can re-launch the game after that.
    To me it is solved
    Also for me is solved.