Jadelight Ranger 2nd explore gives mana to opponent [Fixed in 2.6]

HypnoticSpecter
HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
When I cast Jadelight Ranger, the 1st explore works correctly, but if the 2nd explore causes any matches, Greg gets the mana. I assume explore is not supposed to work this way? Please get this fixed!

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• bashbash
    bashbash Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Same thing just happened to me.  I came out to the site to see if anyone else had reported it.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, I can confirm. Would be a great card otherwise.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    It's not just Jadelight Ranger.

Enter the Unknown also gives the mana to the opponent.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hmm that's peculiar. There have been reports of either life or mana being credited to the opponent, as opposed to the player, however it's been hard to pinpoint the exact origin of it, since all the scenarios have been different.

Do any of you remember the state of the board/battlefield, or have a screenshot of the battle log from that match?
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    It seems to happen regardless of board state. It was still happening as of a few days ago. 
  • Mainloop25
    Brigby said:
    Hmm that's peculiar. There have been reports of either life or mana being credited to the opponent, as opposed to the player, however it's been hard to pinpoint the exact origin of it, since all the scenarios have been different.

Do any of you remember the state of the board/battlefield, or have a screenshot of the battle log from that match?

I'll record a video of it happening  As a bonus, I'll also record a video of Lost Vale changing gems to the opponent color. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    @brigby  I just experienced this, too. Screenshot below. The battle log is useless on this. The first explore trigger missed and the second one went crazy shooting animations in every direction; seemingly giving Greg mana as well as myself. 

• Brigby
    @jtwood Are you able to recall what those 3 supports are on the battlefield?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    @jtwood Are you able to recall what those 3 supports are on the battlefield?
    @Brigby Sorry, I don’t remember them. This bug was easier to replicate than I expected, though. If you can give me a list of helpful attributes to note, I can generate the issue and note those items for a ticket. 
  • Mainloop25
    It really doesn't  matter; you can have no supports on  the field and it will still work improperly. 
  • Brigby
    jtwood said:
    Brigby said:
    jtwood Are you able to recall what those 3 supports are on the battlefield?
    Brigby Sorry, I don’t remember them. This bug was easier to replicate than I expected, though. If you can give me a list of helpful attributes to note, I can generate the issue and note those items for a ticket. 
    Depending on if they have any effect on the card behavior or not, you can remove or add them, but here are some attributes you might consider including in the item list:
    • Planeswalkers?
    • Creatures On Battlefield?
    • Supports On Board?
    • Spells Used Prior?
    • Event Node Passive Effects?
    Thanks for the help!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    jtwood said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby Sorry, I don’t remember them. This bug was easier to replicate than I expected, though. If you can give me a list of helpful attributes to note, I can generate the issue and note those items for a ticket. 
    Depending on if they have any effect on the card behavior or not, you can remove or add them, but here are some attributes you might consider including in the item list:
    • Planeswalkers?
    • Supports On Board?
    • Spells Used Prior?
    Thanks for the help!
    This is the same glitch I reported to you a few days earlier Brigby.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71700/explore-glitch#latest

Vraska's 2nd ability when pirates explore also have this glitch
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Brigby said:
    jtwood said:
    Brigby said:
    • Planeswalkers?
    • Supports On Board?
    • Spells Used Prior?
    Thanks for the help!
    I've encountered this bug running multiple Planeswalkers utilizing multiple decks. I've encountered it in multiple events as well. To assist with this, I'll offer a list:

Planeswalkers
    • Nissa, Sage Animist
    • Nissa, Steward of Elements
    • Kiora, Master of the Depths
    • Vraska, Relic Seeker
    Creatures On Battlefield
    • Varies from match to match, both with my own creatures and the opponent.
    • Sometimes the opponent has no creatures, sometimes they have a full field
    • Sometimes I have just Jadelight Ranger; while, at other times I have Jadelight Ranger with another creature or even two that also explore (Vraska's pirate tokens, Deadeye Tracker, Queen's Agent, Merfolk Branchwalker, Seeker's Squire, Siren's Lookout, Ixalli's Diviner, or Dire Fleet Interloper)
    • Sometimes Jadelight Ranger is on the field with a creature that activates an effect on Explore (Wildgrowth Walker; which itself is bugged, or Lurking Chupacabra)
    Supports on Board
    • Again, this varies from match to match with myself and my opponent
    • Most often, I personally have it paired with Path of Discovery
    • I have run it with a support heavy build with Kiora that utilized Nissa's Pilgrimage, Yavimaya Coast, Storm the Vault, Dowsing Dagger, Pyramid of the Pantheon, and Bounty of the Luxa
    Spells Used Prior
    • Another one with a great deal of variance
    • I've run some heavy gem conversion decks that utilize Hour of Promise, Beneath the Sands, Thunderherd Migration, Harvest Season, Animist's Awakening, and Desert of the Indomitable.
    • I've run Jadelight Ranger with Enter the Unknown
    • I've run Jadelight Ranger in heavy blue bounce decks (Consign, Depths of Desire, Galestrike, Perilous Voyage, Unsummon, Winds of Rebuke, and/or Anchor to the Aether) and heavy black kill/exile decks (Doomfall, Hour of Glory, Contract Killing, Liliana's Defeat, Unholy Hunger, Final Reward, Walk the Plank, and/or Lethal Sting)
    Event Node Passive Effects
    • All nodes in Across Ixalan: Blue, Across Ixalan: Green, and Across Ixalan: Black
    • Training Grounds
    • Race to Orazca - Green, Blue, and Black nodes

In other words, this is not a difficult bug to replicate. It occurs across a wide array of situations and in fact, should only require a three step process to see it occur for the developers in nearly any event.
    1. Pick a Planeswalker that can run Jadelight Ranger.
    2. Play Jadelight Ranger.
    3. Watch as you give your opponent mana from Jadelight Ranger.
  • Brigby
    @Brakkis Wow! Quite an extensive list there. Thanks for providing this info. I'll pass it along to the QA team right now.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    I'm glad that this has already been reported because I've been seeing it all week and was on the fence as to whether or not I wanted to get off my butt and report it.  That said, here's another scenario that will hopefully help:
    • My Planeswalker: Arlinn Kord (lvl 40)
    • Opponent Planeswalker: Vraska
    • Creatures On Battlefield: Greir Reach Bandit (not transformed)
    • Supports On Board: Pyromancer's Googles, Nissa's Pilgrimage
    • Spells Used Prior: Season's Past 
    • Event Node Passive Effects: Training Grounds
    I've since taken the Jadelight Ranger out of other builds but kept her in this one because the spells generate such a ridiculous amount of mana it really doesn't change anything when the opponent gains from that 2nd burst of Explore from Jadelight Ranger.
    Jadelight Ranger was cast after casting Pyro Goggles this turn.
    She hits the board, converts some green and gives me mana, then converts some more green and gives Vraska mana.  I wouldn't have been upset usually if Vraska hadn't immediately killed my Pyro goggles on the next turn =-(

I managed to snapshot the battlelog during the occurrence but it didn't show any indication of the problem.

[I tried to add it here but for whatever reason the image button wasn't behaving]

It shows Jadelight Ranger being hard cast by me after casting Pyro Goggles.
    The 1st Explore shows a gain of +5 green and +1 loyalty on my side...this much is true.
    The 2nd Explore, and here's where it gets weird, shows in the log as "Stir the Sands was triggered" on the opponent's side.  That's not one of my cards being that Arlinn is Green/Red, but certainly could've been in Vraska's hand.
    Then she gains +12 green and +5 loyalty, although the log clearly shows this as a gain on my side.

Mainloop25 mentioned above that it doesn't matter if there are supports or not on the board.  I too can confirm that this is true because I've cast Jadelight Ranger as my first card out with nothing else in play and the behavior was consistent.

Cheers
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, yeah, I'm another victim here. Lost a game because Jadelight Ranger gave the Eplore 2 mana to AI and then came the full-hand cast...
  • HJ16
    HJ16 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Not sure if it's already mentioned, but explore also changes gems to my opponents color.
    For example jadelight ranger with huatli 2 changing gems to blue ones...
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Explore is meant to change gems to the color(s) of the creature, not your colors. Jadelight Ranger is Blue/Green I think, so changing gems to blue is correct behavior.
  • Mainloop25
    Jadelight Ranger is only green. 

DBJones said:
    Explore is meant to change gems to the color(s) of the creature, not your colors. Jadelight Ranger is Blue/Green I think, so changing gems to blue is correct behavior.

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    DBJones said:
    yeah only rares and mythics (and a select few amonkhet cards) can be dual colored so far.  Jadelight Ranger is an uncommon and monogreen