Match failing to load

Monkeynutts
Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
So this has cost me several times and im getting proper sick of it now.
It's almost random. Its almost like the game loses the opponent and then reverts to the nodes menu given you a loss.
It ruins the game for me. I get a flow of a handful of games on a then I get a crash.

When isnt the being addressed?
Its only happened since Kaladesh.

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi @Monkeynutts , I haven't had this happen to me for a while, but when I did it was usually when I was on a bad network or when I was downloading or uploading heavily on my good network. Do you see different behaviour when connected in different ways?
    I don't know for sure you're on a phone, but I've found differences between phone reception and wifi at home, things like that.

• Monkeynutts
    I've had issues on wireless and 4G. Both on my old S5 and my new....year old S7.

I have uninstalled the app before. dumped all the cache etc and it just happens every now and again....sometime i get a spinny lower donut with the background and nothing.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a few friends who can't play more than a couple rounds before the game just shuts off on them (seen it happen with my own eyes).  They play other games on their phones too and mtgpq is the only one it happens on.

Been bringing this up as an issue since Amonkhet, but haven't heard any replies.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Monkeynutts Are you on an iOS device or an Android device? We've seen instances with iOS recently where players encounter a continuous loading animation, which the developers are aware of and investigating.

If it's on Android, then that's something I will be sure to relay to them, since that seems to be a new occurrence.
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I amonan Android Tablet with very stable wifi-connection and (up to now) had 5 app-crashes on fight-startup. This happens (only) within the Race to Ozala Event. Other events (TG or AI, story) are not affected.
  • Monkeynutts
    Samsung S7
    Android

Has this on and off since Kaladesh. It's random.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Samsung Galaxy S5. It's been happening to me off and on for many months, including ToS this weekend. I filed a ticket and messaged Brigby about this last August, and this issue has still not been resolved.
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited March 2018
    The app is crashing on fight start-up a lot only in the new events. I had 11 crashes in RTO and now it's crashing on Boft (had 3sofar). Still on Android and stable wifi-connection. And yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled :-D @brigby ... No problems with TG, AI or story

• Monkeynutts
    Still this happens......i have even uninstalled and reinstalled the game...played 7 matches...8th crashes mid load
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Can you all try updating to the new 2.6 build to see if this is still occurring? If it is after update, please try reinstalling to see if that solves the issue. Thanks!