4000 ISO vs 4* champ level

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
For context, once I had a good amount of HP, I bought some extra slots and have been filling them with any 6th colors I get for 4*s before they are champed. That way if I got a 7th cover, I would combine them, raise to 83 and then sell them. And if I ever get desperate for the slot, I will just sell the cover at regular price, netting me absolutely no loss selling it in a slot vs selling it on my vine.

Well, now I'm in a spot where I have a champe-able XFW (5/4/4) and a green cover XFW rostered. If I get another green, should I add it to the one, raise it to 83, and sell OR should I just champ XFW and sell the single green that's rostered?

I'm also at 2/5/5 Th4r with a single yellow on my roster, so if I get that 3rd red, would the next yellow be applied to my champ or used to bring the second to 83?

Feel free to look at my roster in my signature if that helps! Thank you!

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Champ and then sell the dupe. The rewards for champing are far superior to what you get for selling the covers, even two at a time.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    If you're going to farm the 4 star tier, my advice would be this:

1) Champ the first one.
    2) Get your champed version to 340+ (damage scales on an upward curve, so getting your champ up beyond champed levels really makes a difference)
    3) Start building the dupe (get it to 13 covers)
    4) Champ the dupe.
    5) Pour covers into both until one is fully leveled.
    6) Sell the fully leveled one, start a new dupe. Repeat dual champing distribution.

Please note: This will take forever. There is little advantage in pouring iso into a dupe for the 4 star when you're going to need it for additional 4 stars and 5 stars. I do not advise actually doing this.

Generally, as long as you have enough HP to open the next 2-3 slots, it's better to hold on to your extra and look around for something else to do with your HP (HFH store, daily deals in tokens) than start farming the 4* tier.