Steam black screen

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
When I play on my laptop and change display from fullscreen to windowed or vice versa, the screen goes black and I have to close down mpq and restart it. Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @qandols Hmm that's peculiar. Is this the only game that this occurs on, or do you notice that switching from full screen to windowed causes a black screen to occur for any game?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    It only happens on my work-laptop, not on my desktop at home. I only ever play mpq on the work laptop and nothing else so I can't tell really. Could be something to do with the laptop display-driver.
  • Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    It happens always when window size is changed, also on my desktop. Nobody cares about it because probably nearly no one knows it. For me, this behaviour is as old as I play this game (day 1316).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    qandols said:
    It only happens on my work-laptop, not on my desktop at home. I only ever play mpq on the work laptop and nothing else so I can't tell really. Could be something to do with the laptop display-driver.
    Since it doesn't occur on your desktop, perhaps try seeing if your display driver has an update available. Sometimes all it takes is a good old version update to smooth out any wrinkles.