New 5* vaults

atmosvere
atmosvere Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
Why are new 5*s being mixed with two others in the vault when they are first released? Now that they are required in pve, they should be made easier to get, not made harder.

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even if they are alone, it won't be easier to get. By themselves, they will still have 5% chance. The extra 10% comes from having the other two 5*s. Without them, those 5*s pulls would have been more 4*s
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    Even if they are alone, it won't be easier to get. By themselves, they will still have 5% chance. The extra 10% comes from having the other two 5*s. Without them, those 5*s pulls would have been more 4*s
    Previously, before they added the fillers you got a 10% chance of the new character, so while your chance of a 5* was lower than usual you would at least have a higher chance of getting the new one.

Chalk up the change to another one in the long line of idiocy where RNG is considered to be a good idea for endgame progression.  :|

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl said:
    Pongie said:
    Previously, before they added the fillers you got a 10% chance of the new character, so while your chance of a 5* was lower than usual you would at least have a higher chance of getting the new one.

Chalk up the change to another one in the long line of idiocy where RNG is considered to be a good idea for endgame progression maximizing profits:|

Fixed that for you.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Crowl said:
    Pongie said:

Chalk up the change to another one in the long line of idiocy where RNG is considered to be a good idea for endgame progression.  :|

I went 1/25 and 0/40 when they had the “10% chance” stores.. That second time d3 decided that wasnt really normal and gave me one for my troubles... anyway, in the end it doesnt matter all that much, what the percentages are on such “small” sample sizes..

and as said before, i rather get better chance of 5s. I prefer 15% of any of 3 over 10% on 1..