Who else is ready for Round 9 (and 10)?

Kevmcg
Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
Now that Alliance events will be a more regular feature, it is time for them to be updated to ever improving rosters.  We need a Round 9 added, even a Round 10 could be possible. One reason Civil War is a favorite, is the extra rewards and challenge of completing both sides of the war. As we see more of the single-side, alliance events, higher end alliances are finishing the event and rewards with a day and a half left in the event. Round 8 Requires 9.7M points. With 5+ refreshes left. it is possible for 20 active players to generate over 30M more points.  Let's add a Round 9 alliance target at 12M and Round 10 target at 15M - each for another LT.  Won't be easy, will require some planning and active participation of most alliance members, but that is why we play, right?!?!?

As I keep doing clears, I fully expect to pass over 3M individual points. Rewards ended at 1.2M. Let's add something for those that see the event all the way through (yes - I know there are small node rewards).  I recognize all teams and rosters won't make the top rewards - make it tough, other games do it.

I like the addition of more frequent alliance events, players team-up to tackle and conquer them, just wish some of them were more challenging without being completed half way though the time allowed.

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    I’m totally down with that! Maybe levels 9 and 10 can award an actual 5* cover instead of another Sandman in the token.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    My only reservation will be that they will likely then make the side nodes scale higher. The side nodes are already the part about boss events that i like least.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Scaling has only been tied to the actual 8h refreshes, not what round you’re on. Adding more rounds wouldn’t impact it.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Also add more ISO to boss events. Since they are going to be run more regularly, we need the iso to at least be equivalent to normal PVE

Edit : And I'm always ready for more challenge!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's probably some truth to this complaint.  The standard boss event has enough time to essentially double a 1.2M progression.

You could 2 different ways.  add two tiers to the prog table at 2.4 and 3.4 for a LT each.

or add round 9/10 (9Mper round, 10M per round) with a LT at each round.

Then the standard boss events give out upto 4 LT, and the standard double boss event like sinister 6, and civil war give out 4 lt.

• Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Naturally, the boss scaling needs to be tweaked.  Level 500 at Round 9, Level 550 at Round 10.  1 Bomb may take out a 5* and that is part of the challenge. (We are supposed to lose ..... from time to time)  I'm playing current event using Agent Coulson pink to swap tiles and have only had 1 bomb hit the bottom after a cascade below it. The danger is there on a bad board and feels better when you win cleanly.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just start the next PVE one day after the Boss event starts. Anything not to dry up the income.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    As long as it doesn't push the current top rewards to an unattainable number for weaker/more casual alliances, I'd be up for it. My fear would be we'd get new rewards at the beginning instead, like a few elite tokens or something. I don't need to fight harder for those.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Maybe the extra rewards don't have to be linked to progression.

I mean couldn't they write some check-in game to see if the player has reached personal progression and alliance progression - and when those two conditions have been met the rewards for beating the boss change for that player. A list of possible random rewards for those that still want to hit and can clear the boss.List refreshes each refresh or something. Kind of like bonus rounds - it'd at least give you a reason to continue beating the boss. And the rewards and difficult could reflect the elite nature. Maybe have it get more difficult with each bonus round or prize or something....? Dunno how hard that would be to make though. *shrugs*

Just seems like a good compromise. Would be the best of both worlds - casual players can remain casual without affecting the alliance too much, whilst those that like to push further would be able to do so. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I've been in an alliance where I and one other player made 3x personal progression, carrying our entire alliance through round 7. I did it because I needed that last cover to champ C4rol.

Most of my alliance didn't have a roster that came close to mine (it was fairly casual), and I didn't mind carrying those who were weaker. On the other hand...

By the time we were done, I was seriously annoyed that I was still making penny ante chump change rewards for all the side nodes. Especially since I wasn't getting new boss rewards when it was taking so long to get through round 7.

Based on that experience, and points raised here about how adding additional rounds would be implemented and affect the playerbase, I wouldn't want round 9 and 10. But I would increase the rewards for the side nodes after each 24 hours. I think that would do a lot to give stronger alliances a reason to keep going, and really reward those who are carrying weaker alliances limping over the line.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    We're currently almost exactly halfway through Round 7 in our Alliance.  There are about six of us who can regularly beat Ultron at LVL 400 with a couple of different teams.  There are a few more that can occasionally beat him, with the loss of a character or two (or none, with a good board and a bit of luck).  We should be able to get the final Vulture cover for the alliance, but the Alliance wide LT is out of the question.  If they add in new boss levels, I'd hope they would also add in rewards for higher personal progression as well.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    We're currently almost exactly halfway through Round 7 in our Alliance.  There are about six of us who can regularly beat Ultron at LVL 400 with a couple of different teams.  There are a few more that can occasionally beat him, with the loss of a character or two (or none, with a good board and a bit of luck).  We should be able to get the final Vulture cover for the alliance, but the Alliance wide LT is out of the question.  If they add in new boss levels, I'd hope they would also add in rewards for higher personal progression as well.
    I am in the same boat with my alliance. We have cleared all eight once. I would love higher rewards for personal progression and better rewards than 1000 iso for the second highest individual progression reward.

Alliance events should provide as much or more iso than a regular pve event.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    At the very least, instead of no rewards for beating the boss the 8th time each round, add something for any subsequent wins. 500 iso, 1 cp, etc.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    -Agree with OP: raise the ceiling and let em climb: turn it up to 11. but add some elites at the bottom for newer players who are scaled out and likewise have no incentive for the last day. This ain't full metal we don't need equivalent exchange. Just more please.
    -Alliance Placement prizes(think 5*) would entice the very top to keep grinding. Also bragging rights against the speed threads
    -Having iso scaled with side node goon level seems fair. Don't get much for beating up on the 23's, maybe 75iso?, but if you can hang with em through the finish you earn your 1500 iso.
    -Add exp for beating Ultron post progression
    -Concurrently with these boss events run the Gauntlet or System Reboot (ahem...plenty to choose from....* cough*been a while....), or ONLY run DPvsMPQ during these occasions, shield training for vintage/5*s?
    -There should  be some kind of achievement unlocked prizes: extra alliance LT if 20/20 hit personal progression, defeat the boss x# of times, if you use certain flavorful teams, etc
    -Event specific intercepts, you can get up to 20 a day randomly when playing the side nodes. But instead of Iron Man they should be different for each event: Vision says something for this one, Gambit(or Cable-winkwink) says something sassy for Apocalypse, T'Challa gives some wisdom during civil war, Reed Gives you some wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man advice against Galactus,