How much should I invest to champ Rogue?

Options
Platzy
Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
edited March 2018 in Roster and Level Help
Hello all,

I have a 5/2/5 Rogue that I haven't been using much so far (the covers have quietly accumulated without me noticing) and now have a green cover on the vine expiring in less than a day. I will also get a yellow from Ultron progression soon.
I was hoping that the HfH store would make me an offer I cannot refuse, but I had no such luck. I do however have 12 LTs and 120 CP banked for the first time in forever.

Rogue is supposedly a bit good, so I want to champ her eventually. At the moment I see the following options:

A ) invest 120 CP into the last cover right now
B ) Open up my LTs with Rogue as BH, hoping to get that cover (slim chances) - may boost my 4* roster overall, may leave me with more problems than I began with though. If that fails, I still have option A to revert to.
C ) Sell the green cover and hope for a HfH offer in the next two weeks before the yellow cover expires. If not go to B or A.

What do you guys think I should do, or is there a fourth option I had not considered?
Your advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Platzy

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't have 3* Gambit rostered? What a shame, level 227 gives the red cover you need.
    Without that option... I would probably set Rogue as BH, open the LTs and see what you get, then buy the cover you need with CP if you don't get what you need. It's a pretty slim chance to get it that way, but you might get lucky and you have an escape plan (the CP) if the LTs don't pay out.
    I assume the cover in the Avengers vs Ultron store isn't helpful either?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    For the record, Rogue is pretty badass, so she's definitely worth putting some effort into completing.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Options
    We are still at the second day of current DDQ cycle, so the special HfH offer "should" trigger only after half of it, probably tomorrow, if you could wait and check for it. Just keep in mind that it's not a guaranteed thing ok, and good luck!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rogue is tricky and she requires some skill and thought to use, but she's a lot of fun. Absolutely unique. She can play multiple roles as a feeder, nuker, and she's the best tank in the game. If I were you I'd spend the CP and be done with it. It's just CP and you'll make more. 
  • Platzy
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Quebbster: My roster in the signature was not up to date (I have remedied that). I do have a 3* Gambit, but at L198, so I won't get to that Champion cover in time. The AvU store does have the elusive red cover and I have been gambling with a token every day for 100HP in addition to the ones I have been gaining from the event. I don't have enough HP to seriously buy out the store (only around 4k)
    The worry I have about opening the LTs is that I may end up with more covers on the vine for other characters, as I am getting to the point where I reach 5/x/x or even 5/5/x for more than a few 4*s - which is why I initially began to save up LTs and CP instead of opening LTs/buying Classic Legends as soon as I got them.

I don't think the HfH store will update in time, so I am currently torn between C and A, but leaning towards Dormammu's advice.
  • Platzy
    Options
    So, if anyone is interested, I went with C, opened my LTs, but did not draw any Rogues. I did get a 5*DD as a bonus hero which, together with the JJ I got from my progression token puts me into the position that I have all 4*s and 5* rostered, letting me farm the essential nodes in PvE for the rewards regularly.
    Got mostly decent covers and only one unuseable Flaptain yellow which will probably die on the vine as I don't have the Iso to champ him even if the HfH shop now offers a missing cover.

I then went with Backup plan A and champed Rogue with CP, not regretting it, as her tankiness is a godsend against Round 8 Ultron and her red switched up to 5 covers hits hard and removes bombs in those hard to reach places.

All in all, I'm pretty happy about how it turned out and to see my roster continue to grow.
    Thanks for all your input, 'twas much appreciated. :-)

Cheers,
    Platzy
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Captain Falcon is by no means a priority to champ. Let that cover die. Sounds like you did pretty good in all.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Especially good that you managed to champ her in time to finish off Ultron. She was an absolute life-saver for me in those later rounds.
  • Platzy
    Options
    Oh, hell yes! B)
    And I guess she and my newly champed Vulture will also serve me well in the Shield Sim... o:)
    (still pondering who will make a good third for that team...)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rogue and Vulture are my two favorite characters in the game (Shuri is creeping up there as well though).  So congrats!  Those two are often my defensive team with the featured in lightning rounds. I figure Vulture is a must kill, before he gets 6 black and goes on a tear. And Rogue jumping in front of him all the time must make that an annoying team to face. I dunno.

I don’t usually run them in sim together but when I do I go for the rainbow (so, Purple/Yellow) and usually go MEH Hulk.  Other Purple/Yellow  options looking at my roster could be Cloak and Dagger, Coulson, Nico, Fury, Miles, Ant-Man, Sandman, and Kingpin. 
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Platzy said:
    Oh, hell yes! B)
    And I guess she and my newly champed Vulture will also serve me well in the Shield Sim... o:)
    Professor X
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Platzy said:
    Oh, hell yes! B)
    Professor X
    Cloak & Dagger also act as a great third (third and fourth?) for Rogue and Vulture.  
  • Platzy
    Options
    Yep, currently having great fun with them. C&D black passive helps Vulture take off. After Vulture's blue has cleared the board of enemy special tiles, their yellow hits the team. Works nicely together^^
    (And while I also see the synergy with ProfX, I don't have him champed)
  • Dormammu
    Options
    The nice thing about Prof X is that you don't need him champed, you just need him spamming special tiles - specifically protect tiles. Those will make Rogue's tanking ability even more effective. All of Vulture's antics will cause Prof X to spam a lot of tiles, and with Vulture airborne most of the time and the Prof invisible, Rogue will always be out front and taking little-to-no damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now you're making me even more frustrated with my 4/4/0 Professor X ;)