Negative Heroes? (whatever the opposite of bonus is)

Waddles_Pines
Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
Since there are so many characters in the game; how about we get a limited number (5, 10, whatever) of negative heroes.  Since RNG is so fickle, it would help to be able to have a few characters blacklisted from being pulled.  You could limit the number per tier/star so you couldn't eliminate every undesirable character in a tier.  

This would help newer players who wind up with too many vintage heroes in their pulls vs slots.  

Yeah, there is probably room for abuse if it's too lax, but anything to better the odds of pulling a usable character helps.  

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    A La Carte vaulting?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Boo-No's heroes?
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I love it.  Instead of a gold heart, it could be a little black skull-n-crossbones.  Even just one per star level would be a huge improvement.
  • Waddles_Pines
    I love it.  Instead of a gold heart, it could be a little black skull-n-crossbones.  Even just one per star level would be a huge improvement.
    Hmmm, I was thinking that symbol too, but my inner snark says it should be a hat tip to the forum and be a pic of Dazzler  o:)>:)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had this same thought that it would be nice to have a way ban certain characters from coming up.  I think this would only work if it's got certain restrictions to not abuse it.

• I would think it should be restricted to only 1 or 2 characters per tier (5 as an absolute max, or maybe a % based on size of the tier), it would be super abusive to be able to do large numbers.
    • I would think it I would think 5* characters in Latest should be excluded and 4*s that are featured should also be excluded.
  • Waddles_Pines
    broll said:
    I've had this same thought that it would be nice to have a way ban certain characters from coming up.  I think this would only work if it's got certain restrictions to not abuse it.

• I would think it should be restricted to only 1 or 2 characters per tier (5 as an absolute max, or maybe a % based on size of the tier), it would be super abusive to be able to do large numbers.
    • I would think it I would think 5* characters in Latest should be excluded and 4*s that are featured should also be excluded.
    Restrictions definitely need to be added.  Another thought is that  since D3 likes to use usage metrics a lot to explain nerfs and whatnot; that another restriction is that it can only be used on the lower 25% list of used characters.  And like the vaulting of old, this could change season by season as metrics change...

Or since they like their stores, maybe a store for the middle.  The top 25% and lowest 25% excluded.  Doing so might help increase the levels of other characters to the point where more than half the teams in SHIELD Sim (not counting 5* behemoths who club us seals into oblivion...) wind up being Medusa/Grocket/Gamora.  
  • Flydecoder
    Flydecoder Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I would love if once you have 5 of.one colour it gets swapped to another cover... that would fox the biggest annoyance in the game
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    There used to be something like this called heroic in PVE. It would ban all but select characters from participating. I am not sure why it stopped
  • Waddles_Pines
    Polly_P1 said:
    There used to be something like this called heroic in PVE. It would ban all but select characters from participating. I am not sure why it stopped
    It was because it was great for vets and whales because of the breadth of our rosters, but it sucked for newbies caused they wouldn't have enough "vintage heroes".  I actually liked the challenge of Heroics and the fact that it forced you to use different team combinations.