Jessica Jones or Thor?

TheDrStrange
TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
I've been hoarding CP and LTs for a bit, and I'm nearing the 300 mark. (I'm at 286 right now) I'm not sure if I should open everything next week or so, or if I should hold on until Jessica Jones rotates in. I believe Thor rotates out when she rotates in. Thoughts?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you decide on JJ, you may want to hold off until Archangel rotates out. He'll go out after Thor.
  • TheDrStrange
    Is he considered to be pretty bad?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is he considered to be pretty bad?
    His powers are generally considered to be a bit overcosted. He pays a lot of AP for not a lot of benefit. His passive is very niche too.
  • TheDrStrange
    I'm thinking maybe I'll open my stash for Thor/Archangel/Ghost Rider and then save until Jessica Jones is going to rotate and open another hoard. Hopefully, having 3 champed 5-stars will help my ability to clear faster in PvE and maybe get a little higher in PvP so that I have a nice pile of CP and LTs when the next binge starts.

I'm also thinking that if I hit 14 covers on the three 5-stars before I finish opening I should probably stop. That way I've got a bit of a lead going into the next batch. Is that a sound strategy?
  • Quebbster
    I'm thinking maybe I'll open my stash for Thor/Archangel/Ghost Rider and then save until Jessica Jones is going to rotate and open another hoard. Hopefully, having 3 champed 5-stars will help my ability to clear faster in PvE and maybe get a little higher in PvP so that I have a nice pile of CP and LTs when the next binge starts.

I'm also thinking that if I hit 14 covers on the three 5-stars before I finish opening I should probably stop. That way I've got a bit of a lead going into the next batch. Is that a sound strategy?

Where's your roster at at the moment? Do you have any fivestars champed already? More importantly, what does your Gambit look like?

If you don't have Gambit it is inadvisable to go into the fivestar meta at the moment, at least if you enjoy PvP. He is literally everywhere over there. Without a Gambit of your own, it won't be much fun. What you could do is try to open Legendary tokens until you get 13 covers for one of the fivestars (preferably Thor, who is awesome) and then stop and hoard for a while longer. As mentioned, you may as well wait until Archangel leaves Latest Legends. Not sure how good Robbie Reyes is either...

• TheDrStrange
    I've got like 40 of the 4-stars champed. I have an OML fully covered, but I haven't put any ISO into him. Other than that, I've got random numbers of covers on the rest of the 5-stars. Is hitting 575 in PvP still doable with Gambit out there? That's really what I try for most of the time. Hit that in each event to score the CP and get somewhere beyond the 10-pack for the season.
  • Quebbster
    I've got like 40 of the 4-stars champed. I have an OML fully covered, but I haven't put any ISO into him. Other than that, I've got random numbers of covers on the rest of the 5-stars. Is hitting 575 in PvP still doable with Gambit out there? That's really what I try for most of the time. Hit that in each event to score the CP and get somewhere beyond the 10-pack for the season.
    575 is definitely doable without Gambit, especially if Thor is your sole 5* champ. Just be prepared to skip Gambit a lot
    Thor can probably beat Gambit teams more often than not. It's going to cost a lot of health packs though since he needs to be at half health to be really good, and you need to make sure he is not KOed either.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Late to the game but I have to comment.

I ran 5* Thor as my single champ for about a month until I removed other distractions and gathered the ISO to champ Gambit, so now I'm part of the problem.

half-Thor/America kills single 5* PVP, and Gambit hunting was quite successful. Gambit's biggest deficiency is his health and between the board shake and critical tiles, it doesn't take long. You'll collect red/green/yellow faster than Gambit can destroy it, and with not much luck you can get critical tiles starting on turn 2. Bring a +1AP boost if you're worried. 

As @Quebbster said, you have to keep an eye on health, but health pack burn is part of the 5* world anyway, so don't worry about it.

Good luck, and good hunting!
  • TheDrStrange
    I went ahead and busted the hoard today. I ended up with championed versions of AA, Thor, and Ghost Rider with about 60 tokens to spare. It also allowed me to level up quite a few 4-stars and champion some of them as well. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the pulls, and I have a 60 token head start for when JJ is about to rotate. I'm guessing this will greatly speed up my PvE clears. :)
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor will do that for you. Thanos (even the 3* if you don't have the 5*) will help to clear the low level PvE while getting Thor to the desired Half-HP level. At that point - take Thor with anybody who is boosted and uses other colors so you can spam the powers. Or take AA and GR when they are boosted (boosted championed 5* makes SCL9 PvE a breeze and having 2 latest there you will benefit rather often).