Jessica Jones dilemma

BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,284 Chairperson of the Boards
So this is just a first-world dilemma I'm having. As we've seen, Jessica Jones will debut tonight (my time, anyway) with a store that also contains Green Goblin and Black Panther. On 26 Mar (US time) she'll kick GladiaThor out of Latests, joining Archangel and Ghost Rider.

Now, if it was you, which trio would you choose to spend your CP on?

Just for flavour's sake, I have those four 5* at the following build:

Archangel 3/2/2
Green Goblin 0/3/3
Black Panther 1/4/0
Ghost Rider 0/1/0

At time of this post, I have 1100CP and 25 LTs.

I'm just wondering which trio is the lesser of two evils, cos I really want Jessica. Heck, I was thinking of pulling until I get one Jessica cover, then hoard until the next 5* kicks Archangel out of Latests.

Anyway, what would you do?
«1

Comments

  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Try getting one cover now and wait until AA leaves Latest

    That's my basic plan. Hope I can avoid more Purples for my 2/5/1 Goblin while chasing Jessica.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Try getting one cover now and wait until AA leaves Latest
    This is typically my plan, except I usually only don't spend the CP on their limited stores, I just open my 2-3 free tokens and wait to pull for the new character till they roll in.  1 is enough to do the 5* E get that then plan your hoard.


    This time is gonna be different for me since my BP is 5/4/2 L380 and one I've wanted to champ for a while.  I might try and chase him a bit.  Hopefully luck's in my favor.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    Flixdevil sort of opened the flood gates for me when it comes to chasing 5s.  Even though I’m a 4* only player (no iso in my 5s), I’ve got the big three cover-maxed (DD/Thor/Gambit). It all started with wanting my favorite hero (DD) before being banished to classics and then thinking, “might as well get the best character in the game”. Then people were telling me Thor is worth finishing. I’m not going to lie, I love JJ and with her only being a 5, I’ll chase her too lol. 

    My Rider is 1/3/3 (7) and Angel is 5/3/2 (10).

    Goblin is 3/2/3 (8) while Panther is 0/0/1 (1).

    I could pull until I cover max Gobby, get a head start on Jessica, and then hoard until Angel is gone. Or just forget the classics and wait. I think I’ll do the latter sadly (I say sadly because I’ll never have Panther and maybe never have Goblin).
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something else to consider if you’re a 4* player like me, Jessica’s store will not have Shuri/Panther it looks like, whereas the latests will. 5* players probably don’t care but for me that’s huge. 
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand about Archangel being a bit disappointing having a few covers on him but is Ghost Rider really that bad? I only have one cover and must admit that I like to bring him along for low level PvE so I can trigger his car animation which is groovy! Even if he is otherwise useless. Or is he just bad compared to Thor?
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something else to consider if you’re a 4* player like me, Jessica’s store will not have Shuri/Panther it looks like, whereas the latests will. 5* players probably don’t care but for me that’s huge. 
    As Quebbster mentioned in the other thread, Panther and Shuri just replaced Gamora and Sandy in latest 4*
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something else to consider if you’re a 4* player like me, Jessica’s store will not have Shuri/Panther it looks like, whereas the latests will. 5* players probably don’t care but for me that’s huge. 
    As Quebbster mentioned in the other thread, Panther and Shuri just replaced Gamora and Sandy in latest 4*
    Sweet! I just checked and the odds changed in the Jessica store too!
  • jackstar0jackstar0 Posts: 1,144 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think being able to cover-swap if things go badly would make me lean towards LLs for JJ.

    Since my BP and GG were already champed, JJ's store was my best bet and thankfully, I snagged a single JJ from it.
  • RichyyyRichyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    I had a somewhat similar problem. Wanted Jessica Jones, but already had Goblin at 2/5/2 and Panther at something like 2/2/0 (can't remember specifically and he's different now). I decided to just throw a chunk of CP at it, and hope not to draw Goblin purple. (I don't have the ISO to champ them, so covers beyond 5 are likely to be wasted).

    After around 2000CP, I have a 4/5/4 Goblin, a 5/2/1 Panther, a 2/4/1 Jess, and three superfluous Goblin covers. I have more CP, but for now I called it a day there because the wasted ones bug me. Current plan is to wait until Archangel is gone, hope the next 5* is decent, and draw Latests when it's Reyes/Jones/X. A particularly good special token could change that, though.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can verify that Shuri is in the Alias store since I pulled 2 trying to get JJ5
  • sinnerjflsinnerjfl Posts: 1,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I understand about Archangel being a bit disappointing having a few covers on him but is Ghost Rider really that bad? I only have one cover and must admit that I like to bring him along for low level PvE so I can trigger his car animation which is groovy! Even if he is otherwise useless. Or is he just bad compared to Thor?
    I don't think Ghost Rider is bad, I covered him recently and played with him quite a bit. The biggest problem is his green, the tiles get you some AP for a few turns then they basically dont do anything. Otherwise, red/black are two very solid powers.

    He doesnt really compare favorably to Thor (who's probably the best 5* if it were not for Gambit), especially his green at 50% health which is much more reliable for AP generation/damage.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I understand about Archangel being a bit disappointing having a few covers on him but is Ghost Rider really that bad? I only have one cover and must admit that I like to bring him along for low level PvE so I can trigger his car animation which is groovy! Even if he is otherwise useless. Or is he just bad compared to Thor?
    I don't think Ghost Rider is bad, I covered him recently and played with him quite a bit. The biggest problem is his green, the tiles get you some AP for a few turns then they basically dont do anything. Otherwise, red/black are two very solid powers.

    He doesnt really compare favorably to Thor (who's probably the best 5* if it were not for Gambit), especially his green at 50% health which is much more reliable for AP generation/damage.
    Yeah, half health Thor is pretty awesome.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    After around 2000CP, I have a 4/5/4 Goblin, a 5/2/1 Panther, a 2/4/1 Jess, and three superfluous Goblin covers. I have more CP, but for now I called it a day there because the wasted ones bug me. Current plan is to wait until Archangel is gone, hope the next 5* is decent, and draw Latests when it's Reyes/Jones/X. A particularly good special token could change that, though.
    With 4/5/4 Goblin you can champ him and save all those 'wasted' ones so they don't bother you?  This sounds like a win to me.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Richyyy said:
    After around 2000CP, I have a 4/5/4 Goblin, a 5/2/1 Panther, a 2/4/1 Jess, and three superfluous Goblin covers. I have more CP, but for now I called it a day there because the wasted ones bug me. Current plan is to wait until Archangel is gone, hope the next 5* is decent, and draw Latests when it's Reyes/Jones/X. A particularly good special token could change that, though.
    With 4/5/4 Goblin you can champ him and save all those 'wasted' ones so they don't bother you?  This sounds like a win to me.
    That would depend on whether Richyyy is a four- or fivestar player. If he's already in fivestar land, yeah, champing Goblin is an easy decision. Can't really recommend a move to fivestar land with Goblin as the first fivestar though...
  • RichyyyRichyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I probably could make the jump at this point - I have Gambit, DD, Thor, Goblin and Phoenix at 13 covers - but a current ISO total of about 200k. Makes the leap a little difficult right at the moment.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    I probably could make the jump at this point - I have Gambit, DD, Thor, Goblin and Phoenix at 13 covers - but a current ISO total of about 200k. Makes the leap a little difficult right at the moment.
    Gambit, Thor and DD is definitely a solid start. But you shouldn't champ Goblin before you have all three champed. He makes a good fourth though.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question: I have 35 champed 4* and have both Gambit and Thor at 11 covers (4/3/4 and 3/4/4 respectively).

    Should I level them? Or is it still too early? Gambit I'm hesitant on since I see the nerfhammer showing him as much mercy as it did his 3* version, but Thor I really like.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Richyyy said:
    I probably could make the jump at this point - I have Gambit, DD, Thor, Goblin and Phoenix at 13 covers - but a current ISO total of about 200k. Makes the leap a little difficult right at the moment.
    Gambit, Thor and DD is definitely a solid start. But you shouldn't champ Goblin before you have all three champed. He makes a good fourth though.
    I disagree here.  Only because he has covers on the line.  Champ him first and save the covers.  You might have a rougher 1-2 weeks of PvP while you work on the others but that's a small price to play and blink in the eye of the marathon that is this game.  If I were in this position I would:
    • Save up all ISO until GG is about to expire.
    • If I have enough to do 2 do Gambit and GG, if not only do GG, then Gambit ASAP after.
    • Then Thor
    • Then DD
    • Then Phoenix or take a break and level other things and come back to her.
    But this is base on my personal preference of saving covers is job one.  If high placement is job one then I would go with Quebbster's suggestion.  It's up to what's most important to you.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:
    Richyyy said:
    I probably could make the jump at this point - I have Gambit, DD, Thor, Goblin and Phoenix at 13 covers - but a current ISO total of about 200k. Makes the leap a little difficult right at the moment.
    Gambit, Thor and DD is definitely a solid start. But you shouldn't champ Goblin before you have all three champed. He makes a good fourth though.
    I disagree here.  Only because he has covers on the line.  Champ him first and save the covers.  You might have a rougher 1-2 weeks of PvP while you work on the others but that's a small price to play and blink in the eye of the marathon that is this game.  If I were in this position I would:
    • Save up all ISO until GG is about to expire.
    • If I have enough to do 2 do Gambit and GG, if not only do GG, then Gambit ASAP after.
    • Then Thor
    • Then DD
    • Then Phoenix or take a break and level other things and come back to her.
    But this is base on my personal preference of saving covers is job one.  If high placement is job one then I would go with Quebbster's suggestion.  It's up to what's most important to you.
    Solid analysis. Listen more to this guy than to me.
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well.

    My personal progression LT got me Purple Goblin to put him at 0/4/3. And my alliance LT got me Jessica's Black.

    Looks my decision has been made for me: sit back and wait till she's added to Latests before I continue pulling. Now I'll just see if the next 5* is better or worse than Archangel
Sign In or Register to comment.