Secret PVE Trick

tiger92882
tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
edited March 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
So apparently 1st place knows a trick that works better than tapping. Anyone have any ideas? This screenshot was taken with 1 min left in sub 2 of Strange Sights. 
1st place has 69590 and everyone else has 57k. No way to tap for 12k. I joined at the beginning of the event and have made perfect clears, no tapping.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156753561@N07/38872553140/in/dateposted-public/

Comments

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    No way to tap for 12k

Where there is a will there is a way
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there really someone out there dedicated enough to kill the easiest node 12,000 times?
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    That’s 500 clears an hour? 8 matches a minute? I don’t think it’s the “easy” node.

The 5* node would make that 125 clears an hour. 2 matches a minute. At least that is possible. Certifiably insane, but possible.
  • tiger92882
    I don’t think it’s physically possible to tap 12k, even doing the 4 point node would require 3000+ taps = 150/hr, 2.5 clears/minute. It’s not tapping it’s something else entirely.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Send the screenshot to customer service. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I'd submit the screenshot to customer service as well. Smells fishy.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Strange Sights placement always bean "strage". Regularly, I'm with 6 clears make top 50 place, but in some subs of SS with 6 clears I'm making top 10. But, yeah, 12k difference isn't normal.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Ultron. Definitely Ultron. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I have seen some crazy tapping and looking at a lot of SS from a lot of people with this, this is a bit crazy. Something is wrong but some of us have thought there was a (can’t use the bad word here) with pve. There have been some numbers that just do not add up and how people can get as high as they do with tapping. Send this info to CS. Track all sub scores if you can and over all as well.  Best way to do it.  

You will have to send a CS ticket from the forums, not the game app though. If you are not aware, I wasn’t before, the game app CS only lets you add in 1 pic.  If you use the forum CS link, you can add as many as you need.  Learned this from the Strange sights Door 1 issue. 

Would like to hear what they have to say on this cause, like I said, a few of us suspected something was going on.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing I noticed this event was the wave nodes were refilling points a lot faster.  I finished my clears an hour early because I couldn't guarantee availability the last hour.  I ended up being available after all and tapped that last hour.  I didn't time it but every 5-10 minutes it seemed like both waves were 5-7 points.  If the points recharged fast enough and was playing with the right team to clear the waves fast they could have been doing 7 points, 7 points, 3 points, repeat.  This would give them 17 points in about the space you'd normally get 9 or about double the normal rate.  That's one possible explanation...

If not that I would have to assume this person was able to program a tapping bot.  The only real danger of tapping IMO.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    What Broll said makes sense and it could be a possibility. The wave node points refilled quickly. When I finished the last node on the 7th clear, the wave nodes was giving 15 points while others were like 5 or 7. This is a possibility. Of course, it could be like what you said, the top player could be cheating.

On a side note, there is only 1 tapper in your SCL/Bracket.
  • tiger92882
    Using a bot to autotap maybe?

Does the OP know if the players score was constantly increasing, like an odometer rolling, or did it make a sudden huge jump?
    I wasn't watching for tapping at the end of sub 2 because at the end of sub 1 I was in second place and 1st place was ahead of me by ~50 points due to being able to clear the nodes more efficiently. I looked at the scoreboard with 1 min left in sub 2 when I finished my clear to see if I made up ground or lost ground during round 2 and was completely stunned to see us all losing by 12,000 points. I know the 12k point bump happened only during the 2nd sub but I don't know how or when. The player went through the same door as me for the 3rd sub(first time they were in my sub bracket) and was about 3 hours late on the initial clear and has done the final clear a couple hours early. Because of the door pattern he picked and the one I picked, I know he went Door 3 on sub 1, Door 1 on sub 2(huge point bump), and Door 2 on sub 3. I'll post final scores in a couple hours but assuming the player is done playing, they scored 110,451 points in CL7. That's insane!
    Ducky said:
    I'd submit the screenshot to customer service as well. Smells fishy.
    I'll do that once the event finishes with final screenshots.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    This event, I had another player go about 5 minutes earlier than myself for tapping purpose and by the end they were 240 points above me.  Similar roster as myself, so its not like they have a much faster clearing team.  Things are definitely odd with this event...or if people are using an exploit, we can see it much easier.  Hope they fix the tapping quickly.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @tiger92882 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I hope you don't mind that I took your post and submitted a ticket to Customer Support. They'll be able to look into it and relay any findings to the development team.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is there really someone out there dedicated enough to kill the easiest node 12,000 times?
    Someone rich enough to order one of their assistants to tap for them. 
  • tiger92882
    @Brigby That works for me. I was going to enter a ticket but I'll hold off since you already did. If you need a screenshot with names still showing let me know. MY IGN is jbonk

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I wiped to a wave node in the last door and noticed I may have gotten full points. ie aftrer the battle the screen showed ~900 points gained. When I went to hit it again, the node was still worth 900 points. I wonder if you keep wiping on the node do you continue to get full points? You obviously have to beat the first wave but it could be something along that line.

Didn't help with my ranking though, was still a long way from top 10, just barely made top 25.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Pongie said:
    I wiped to a wave node in the last door and noticed I may have gotten full points. ie aftrer the battle the screen showed ~900 points gained. When I went to hit it again, the node was still worth 900 points. I wonder if you keep wiping on the node do you continue to get full points? You obviously have to beat the first wave but it could be something along that line.

Didn't help with my ranking though, was still a long way from top 10, just barely made top 25.
    Did you wipe on the your 5th clear? If the values you perform your 5th clear is around 1500-1600 and you wipe on the third wave. You basically earn 2/3 of points which will be 900ish. For the 6th clear, the value will be automatically reduced to 900ish. If your situation is not what I described here, something different is happening here.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Who cares about player 1 he or she is about 25 stone / 350lbs.
    Let them have first place position, let them eat cake.  :D
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I have a theory... without risking getting banned, it's related to the make-up of this event (wave nodes).