Actually loaning Characters to Teammates

Pumaster
Pumaster Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Hello, everyone!
Love the game, been at it for about three years.

One suggestion though:

In a fashion similar to teamups, you should consider implementing a donation system for entire characters.

I have spent three years playing this game, and I have a roster I am proud of. Spent time, money, and time (did I mention time) getting. But much of my roster sits there gaining dust.

My alliance is made up of 20 real-life friends, and nothing would make me more happy than to be able to loan one of my characters to a buddy to try out for a match, or a few (PvE only?). I would happily spend in-game resources, hero points or, honestly, even CP's just to let some friends try out (and aspire to getting) some of these amazing characters!

What do you all think?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's potential for abuse, so I guess it's unlikely to happen. For example, I can loan a newbie (1*
    , 2* or 3* land) 2 or 3 highly levelled 4* and 5*  and they can blast through SCL 5 - 7 or 8 easily. 
  • Pumaster
    Pumaster Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Hound:
    That is a very fair concern.

Possibly limit the loans to PvE events. Maybe try it just for a specific event initially and decide if it would warrant further exploration?

Even leaning for a few matches even?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    This would probably require some heavy coding to add temporary characters to the select screen.

I like the idea. Perhaps do it the same as team-ups where you can only have 5 out at a time and the teammate only gets to use them once. This achieves the ops intentions, but limits the potential for abuse.