Taco strategy: champ lvls or new characters

Options
Addaran
Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
Getting tired of hoarding my taco tokens, so i'll open them soon, even if i only have 140 of each. I'm not sure what to aim for though.  https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Addaran/

If i take the sweet tacos for exemple, i can open them now for:

1)Ragnarok (new character), last 4 covers for Vision and champ levels for 3 characters i love to use KK, QS and SW.
Or later for
2) Champ level for deadpool, black widow and daken. (love daken! and DP is usefull), last cover for Gamora and last 4 for Loki.
3) Need 9 for Psylocke,  10 for Beast,  10 for Bulleyes (got 3 on the vines),  last for Steve and 5 for Sentry.

So...do i go for champ levels on characters i actually use and are good. Or do i try to finish as much new characters as i can, to avoid futur cover lost and to have more character at decent level for when they are requiered (PVE, PVP or DDQ).

P.S. Not into 4* land yet, so the one cover won't change anything.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I place more value on characters I regularly use, but your goal should be to roster and champ all the 3-stars because even the bad ones give great champ-level rewards. If you have an ISO surplus I say cover as many of them as you can and get them champed. But if you're ISO poor, sitting on a bunch of 13-cover characters you can't champ yet isn't going to help you. 
  • Addaran
    Options
    Got 950k ISO, not sure if that's poor or surplus for you. =P 
    Should be enough to champ around 6 new chracters.

So i think i'll go with option 3. And for savory,  LG, R&G,Spidey, She-Hulk and DD.
    Thanks!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    950k is a nice surplus.  :) I never have more than 350k
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champ levels are less important than actually finishing characters. Priorities should go something like this (assuming you have the resources):

Rostering all 3*s > Champing 3*s > Champion levels.

Champing means they're officially useable. Rostering all means having access to more resources. Champing all means you have more options (even bad chars, which you are forced to use sometimes). An extra 10 champ levels on a limited number of options isn't as useful.

That being said, i would prioritize on finishing 1. Iron Fist, 2. Luke Cage, 3. Cap, and 4. Hawkguy
  • Addaran
    edited March 2018
    Options
    NeonBlue said:

That being said, i would prioritize on finishing 1. Iron Fist, 2. Luke Cage, 3. Cap, and 4. Hawkguy

Cap is done thanks to Ultron. Hawkguy will be sunday. Iron Fist is a bit off but he's my BH.
    Luke Cage should finish with savory sweet in 10 days.  =)
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Addaran said:
    NeonBlue said:

Cap is done thanks to Ultron. Hawkguy will be sunday. Iron Fist is a bit off but he's my BH.
    Luke Cage should finish with savory sweet in 10 days.  =)
    Excellent. After that, I'd work on Loki, Patch, Blade. Loki is a specialized support, Patch is the speedrun character, and Blade is a solid damage dealer. 

After those 3, its really whatever you want. Grocket's insta-heal is useful in pairing with Thanos for easy nodes, Gamora has a solid red and green