Help on deciding on using HP for Heroes for Hire

wingX
wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2018 in Roster and Level Help
Gwenpool's purple will be in Hero for Hire in few days time, currently I have around 9000 HP and Gwenpool at 2/5/5. I have enough roster slot currently taken up by farming 2* (around 2 slot for each 2*, one is champed and is for use and the other is currently buidling up and not yet champed). I have all 5* except 2, all 4* except 3, all 3* and no 1*.
I would like to ask if it is worth buying her or to save the HP for something else or using for some other character in future Hero for Hire? I think I maybe able to save 3600HP in a month.
Even if I will buy her to get her to fully covered. Currently I have no intention to champ her (unless she is worth champing with no 14th cover in the vine?)

Other of my characters that are at 12 covers are:
Cloak & Dagger 5/2/5
Vulture 4/5/4
Hulkbuster 5/2/5
Wasp 5/2/5
Antman 5/2/5

Or is it worth using HP in Heroes for Hire for character that is missing a colour forever, (which for me is as below)
Blade 5/0/4
Carnage 4/4/0

Or is it worth buying 4* Thor red as mine is at 2/2/5?

Based on the crash of the titans order list, it seem like Hulkbuster and Wasp may be coming soon thus they will be up in Heroes for Hire but which of their cover is up for sale is unknown.
https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69870/crash-of-the-titans-featured-4-order#latest

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• frederec
    frederec Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    If I were you, I'd do it.  Since you're at 2/5/5, the chances of coming across the right cover for a vintage character are fairly low, so this is a way to guarantee you're fully covered for when you finally want to champ her.  And while she's not necessarily a top-tier 4*, she can be pretty fun to play.  Also, as you said, it's not as though it will take you all that long to recoup the cost spent on it.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed her a few weeks ago and she is fun. Her purple is very versatile and whilst her green can be irritating if the gun is matched away, it pumps out some nice damage. She isn't as good as C&D, Vulture or in my opinion Wasp but she can hold her own against Hulkbuster and Ant-man and is a solid 4.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    The gun is supposed to be matched away so you can use the power.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    wingX said:
    Gwenpool's purple will be in Hero for Hire in few days time, currently I have around [very high, but not whale-like number] HP and Gwenpool at 2/5/5. 
    Literally exactly my situation. I think I'm gonna have to go with frederec's advice, since the odds of the next cover to come up being usable aren't that great.

I'm currently saving enough HP to get a H4H about as often as the store pumps out something I really need to complete a character, so it works out well. I don't think I'll champ her though, at least until I have either a 14th cover or a required node.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:
    Even if I will buy her to get her to fully covered. Currently I have no intention to champ her (unless she is worth champing with no 14th cover in the vine?)
    This makes me advise you not to buy the cover. If you have no intention of champing her, why bother? All the other characters you mentioned (especially Vulture, C&D, and Wasp) are far more worthy of the HP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwenpool was just featured in PvE too (Civil War), so it will be quite some time before she is required again...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more I use her, the more I like her. Really, her main downside is that you need to have a reference sheet handy for her purple. I'd argue that it would be worth Champing her from 2/5/5 just to re-spec. At least, much more so than if she were 5/2/5
  • DAZ0273
    The gun is supposed to be matched away so you can use the power.
    Yeah that should have read "if the gun is not matched away"
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more I use her, the more I like her. Really, her main downside is that you need to have a reference sheet handy for her purple. I'd argue that it would be worth Champing her from 2/5/5 just to re-spec. At least, much more so than if she were 5/2/5
    For those that don't know about all the codes, this is from her character page:

Just remember 149 and you're all good.  That's the only code i'll use unless it's a boss battle.  Random column or row is the highest damage you'll get from the power.  Too bad her power info ingame doesn't tell you how much damage the power does...

• DAZ0273
    For those that don't know about all the codes, this is from her character page:

Just remember 149 and you're all good.  That's the only code i'll use unless it's a boss battle.  Random column or row is the highest damage you'll get from the power.  Too bad her power info ingame doesn't tell you how much damage the power does...

149 for me too - it is easy to remember because it is the Avengers big 3 (Cap, Iron Man, Thor) symbols.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    DAZ0273 said:

149 for me too - it is easy to remember because it is the Avengers big 3 (Cap, Iron Man, Thor) symbols.
    HAHAHAHA, I've never actually looked at the symbols themselves.  You learn something new everyday  :)