Updates to Race to Orazca (3/5/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2018 in MtGPQ Events
Hi Everyone,

We've heard a lot of feedback and sentiment from players, when it comes to the new Ixalan event, Race to Orazca. The team has definitely been reviewing them, and with the release of 2.5.0, players will be seeing some changes to the event that should make the experience much more appealing.

What's Changing:
  • Event Duration will be reduced to 46 hours, as opposed to the previous 70 hours.
  • Recharge rates are now set to 8 hours
  • Initial Charges will be set to 2, and Max Charges will be set to 3
  • Objectives have been adjusted slightly to be easier

In addition to these changes to event settings, we will also be running the event during the weekday, as opposed to the usual weekend schedule.

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When can we expect this?
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I liked it 1st time round hope it still good 2/3 yeah oh no
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you for listening and making the effort.

All great changes; however, 2 starting charges and max of 3 charges on nodes is high pressure. Only gives 8 hours for people to play before they lose time.. well probably technically 14 hours (depends on end time)

I like the idea of 2 or 3 starting charges with a max of 5. This allows one to clear all nodes and free up a lot of extra time to go do other things, i.e. family time, etc

At minimum, I would settle for 1 starting charge and a max of 3.

P.S. I hope the blue node objective was adjusted because I think it was cast 2 or less spells but the node bonus for merfolk was when a spell is cast this creature gets +1/+1. Unfortunately, these contradict one another.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options

P.S. I hope the blue node objective was adjusted because I think it was cast 2 or less spells but the node bonus for merfolk was when a spell is cast this creature gets +1/+1. Unfortunately, these contradict one another.
    The blue node was my favorite.

//Removed Off-Topic Comment That Deviated Thread -Brigby
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hate the contradictory nodes.  They’re were so clever they outsmarted themselves.  Could we just let Blue be Blue every once in a while?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Options
    bken1234 said:

The blue node was my favorite.

But anyhow, i dont think i minded the blue node. It was just that the node was pretty much encouraging tribal play a bit but then the objective made merfolks a no-go since your limited to 2 spells. Of course with the tribals being pretty weak against other nontribal cards, it was not the most viable option to begin with.

• joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Why run this during weekdays? That's the worst thing possible for any coalition event.
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't understand the reasoning behind moving it to the weekdays. The event had a lot of things going for it - just make some small mods to make it great (align objectives with the static supports, shorten runtime). No need to also move to weekdays or, really, to make the objectives "easier". Simpler is better here I think.
  • QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can we get some clarification... are the objectives “easier” as stated above, but equally obnoxious, or did they actually change them to be less obnoxious?
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    instead of take x damage, can it be modified to something
    like perform x lifegain?

HH
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think it would be fine if instead of "take less than X damage", the objective read "end the game with more than your initial life minus X". That way you can recover with lifegain.

Would make the objectives fairly easy of course.
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wish the charges would drop all at once and you have the duration of the event to complete.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of the Race to Orazca updates. Thank you!
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm gonna be on the other side of this and say I like 2/3 for the charges. It's 5 nodes so that's plenty of matches especially if it's going to run on the weekday.