"Training" screen

JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
I realize it will add a step or two to Training so this may not be a popular suggestion, but when training Champions, especially 3-stars and 4-stars, I'd like to be able to see the champion reward I would get before I train that character.

Right now I have a Beast cover on the vine. I don't know what prompted me to check to see what Beast's Champion reward would be before I trained him, but I did, and I'm glad I did, because he would have given me a purple Jean Grey cover, and right now my Jean is 5/4/3 so I don't need a purple cover for her, not yet at least.

So now I have to remind myself each time I check my vine not to train Beast, not until I've got a blue or green Jean cover. I know I will eventually, because I've now set her as my Bonus Hero, so I know I'll eventually get one. Also I'd rather sell that Beast cover than have yet another 4-star dying on the vine.

For now, I guess I'll just have to remind myself to do this all the time with all of my 3-star covers. And maybe that's just what everyone else has been doing all this time, anyway. Maybe I'm just a little slow on the uptake :smiley:

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, if you think you're gonna get the color you want for Jean from a bonus pull, the RNG clearly loves you more than it does me! :smile:

If you're ok with adding a step or two though, why not just do your champing through the training screen instead of the covers screen? There's a "Next Reward" field right below the button. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying here?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    I'm hopeful that by having Jean at 5/4/3 I should get her Blue or Green cover by the 4th or 5th bonus cover ;)

Your second paragraph pretty much hits the nail on the head, and is what I'm going to have to do. It's just a small change to how I'll be playing the game/training my heroes. Instead of the fast method of tap-tap-tapping Train from the covers on the 'vine', I'm going to have to note which cover/hero I have, find them in my roster, and check which Reward they're offering before I decide if I'll train them or not. Just a change on my part, and a small one that.

It's not like this is something I'd be doing during clears (that would be pretty silly of me to do it then) so it'll be more something I can relax and just take my time with, maybe over my morning coffee perhaps :)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    What i did in situations like that, is hoard my queue. Dont add any covers for a couple days or a week, so you dont accidentally add those you dont want to add..