CL9 sub rewards - 2250 ISO +1 event token

#Logic
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    CL8 sub rewards - 4000 ISO

#Logic

I'd rather have the token than the ISO myself.
  • The only token worth more than 1750 iso is a lt...so scl9 got lower rewards....
  • Quebbster
    The only token worth more than 1750 iso is a lt...so scl9 got lower rewards....

It's a lot easier to get 1750 ISO than it is to get covers though. I like getting more champion levels, so I'll pick the token in SCL 9. If you prefer the ISO, by all means play SCL 8 instead.
  • Could not know it before starting plus the other rewards, cp mainly are better in scl9. It is just a question of common sense
  • Quebbster
    Could not know it before starting plus the other rewards, cp mainly are better in scl9. It is just a question of common sense

Common sense is pretty rare in my experience.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    FYI the rewards for CL9 sub in previous run was 2250 ISO and 3 tokens. Now you can keep blindly defending the fact that communication on the forum is horrendous or accept the fact that people who might have joined CL9 thinking that they would be getting the rewards that were in line with the last run were "bait and switched"
  • Quebbster
    madoctor said:
    FYI the rewards for CL9 sub in previous run was 2250 ISO and 3 tokens. Now you can keep blindly defending the fact that communication on the forum is horrendous or accept the fact that people who might have joined CL9 thinking that they would be getting the rewards that were in line with the last run were "bait and switched"
    Was this directed at me? I am not defending anything, I am saying that when the choice is between say 2000 ISO on one hand and a token on the other hand, I prefer the token over the ISO. Others may feel differently, which I acknowledged already.
    I am well aware tha previous runs of Strange Sights have had more generous rewards, but it was also quite obvious (at least to me) that giving out 9 tokens each sub (3 each for each of the 3 subs) was unintentional and would be fixed. I was worried they would go to ISO only in SCL 9 just like in all the other SCLs, so I am rather happy to learn there are still tokens there. Sure, I won't be able to clear out half the vault like in the last run, but clearing out a quarter of the vault is still pretty good for a three day event.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    CL8 sub rewards - 4000 ISO

#Logic
    Wow. That’s terrible...  so odds of a 2* from that are pretty good so it’s really just 2500 ISO for the majority of players. Yay
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Quebbster said:
    madoctor said:
    Was this directed at me? I am not defending anything, I am saying that when the choice is between say 2000 ISO on one hand and a token on the other hand, I prefer the token over the ISO. Others may feel differently, which I acknowledged already.
    I am well aware tha previous runs of Strange Sights have had more generous rewards, but it was also quite obvious (at least to me) that giving out 9 tokens each sub (3 each for each of the 3 subs) was unintentional and would be fixed. I was worried they would go to ISO only in SCL 9 just like in all the other SCLs, so I am rather happy to learn there are still tokens there. Sure, I won't be able to clear out half the vault like in the last run, but clearing out a quarter of the vault is still pretty good for a three day event.
    I in general agree that tokens are better than ISO but 1 event token is not worth 1750 ISO. Not even close. I’d say it’s worth 300-500 max. If it was 4000 ISO + 1 token that would be a reasonable step up from SCL8. This is an unreasonable step down. 

EDIT:  Though in reality it’s probably a mistake where the fixed the issue of too many tokens without recalculating what the reasonable ISO amount beside it should be. 
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    I would have preferred the door stayed broken and I got my excessive number of tokens. You guys just had to bring this event to their attention.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    I would have preferred the door stayed broken and I got my excessive number of tokens. You guys just had to bring this event to their attention.

They can never fix or give us anything without taking something away. I am not surprised
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    @broll
    Exactly, you got it. That one token is not worth 1750 ISO and probably somewhere between 250-500 is reasonable for it's value. Which is why I think the rewards for the previous run were fine. Players should be incentivized to play at the highest CL possible. And this overlooks the fact that no communication was made regarding the change. If The devs want to readjust the rewards, it's fine, but they can at least forward the info beforehand
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    It just depends on your iso situation.  I’m sure there are a lot of post iso ppl in cl9 who would gladly take the token.  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    @broll
    Exactly, you got it. That one token is not worth 1750 ISO and probably somewhere between 250-500 is reasonable for it's value. Which is why I think the rewards for the previous run were fine. Players should be incentivized to play at the highest CL possible. And this overlooks the fact that no communication was made regarding the change. If The devs want to readjust the rewards, it's fine, but they can at least forward the info beforehand

I'm not saying you're wrong, but they stopped selling standard tokens for 500iso to avoid abuses with BH, so it's doubtful they'd agree that 250-500 is a reasonable value for an event token...
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    They stopped letting you buy standards for 500 iso because noobs would completely stunt their progress by blowing iso early on when they didn’t know better.  It was not so that you couldn’t get BH.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    Sorry but the people that hit door 1 like myself lost rewards due to this.  They took care of everybody last event because we didn’t stop talking about it but we still lost out on it for the 2 other bugged Events. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    They stopped letting you buy standards for 500 iso because noobs would completely stunt their progress by blowing iso early on when they didn’t know better.  It was not so that you couldn’t get BH.

The change was announced in the Bonus Hero announcement (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/60256/new-feature-bonus-heroes-updated-3-1-17#latest).  I don't recall them ever providing a formal reason to why, so either of us could be right...or neither of us, I guess.
  • Quebbster
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:
    madoctor said:
    I in general agree that tokens are better than ISO but 1 event token is not worth 1750 ISO. Not even close. I’d say it’s worth 300-500 max. If it was 4000 ISO + 1 token that would be a reasonable step up from SCL8. This is an unreasonable step down. 

EDIT:  Though in reality it’s probably a mistake where the fixed the issue of too many tokens without recalculating what the reasonable ISO amount beside it should be. 

That I can agree with. I am much more of a "half full" guy so I tend to focus on what I get, and as I said I focused on not losing out on the tokens completely.

Can't help but wonder if someone said "Three tokens per sub seems reasonable" at the office, meaning there should be one token per sub rewarded, and the guy who actually put in the rewards put in Three for each sub...