Final progression award in Prodigal Sun

Heartbreaksoup
Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
Is the math adding up for everyone else in Prodigal Sun?  Usually, when I do not have the required 4-star character, I can get the final Command Point award with 6 clears in every other node that I can play.  Since I didn't know whether I could devote the time to this event, and since I do not have Shuri, I am playing this event on SCL-4.

I've never failed to reach that last award in any other event I've played in the last seven months, but this one's going to be really close.  I have done 7 clears of every node in days 1-6, and 6 clears in day 7.  I'm sitting at 146,276 points - 724 shy of that last award.  It will take one further clear; I have 800 points available, so I will get it.

Typically, with 7 clears of every node, I've received that final award during my 3rd or 4th clear on the last day, depending on whether I have the required 4-star.  But a look at the leaderboard in my "slice" shows that only 14 people have attained 147,000 points, with nine hours to go, with the top 11 peaking 153,000.  I am guessing that these eleven players must have Shuri, otherwise there's no way they could mathematically get that many points.

Honestly, I believe that these numbers really need to be adjusted the next time this event runs.  Requiring seven clears on every day's fights to get the command points is a bit extreme.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have you replayed the nodes on the main map? I Always forget them...
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Yes, and those were even more useful than usual.  With a weeklong event, you can get full points from the main map's nodes every day if you time it right. (Clear it once every 24 hrs precisely seven times.)

With 2 hours and 20 minutes to go, I'm one of 24 players to have made 147000 points.  That suggests that the points awarded per node are too low.  Any other event, with 2:20 left to play, at least a hundred players have earned all awards.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    May i ask how you spread the 6/7 hits per sub? All at start, or 4x at start and 2/3 in final hour?

Missing an essential character seems to make sense that progression is hard to reach though..
  • Heartbreaksoup
    My schedule is split, and it has served me well.  In a standard game, I usually just stop when I earn the final Command Points reward on the last day, and am ranked in the 90s or the 100s.  That means that in a typical event, 90-100 or more of the 1000 players in my slice reach the final progression award.

But with this event, I finished with 147004 points, ranked 40 of 1000.

In my slice, only 40 players were able to reach the final reward, instead of the 90-100 or more who do.

• Smart80
    Which could well be explained by the lack of interest people have for 7 day events..
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Since you seem interested in nitpicking and peer-reviewing instead of paying attention to my point, let me illustrate it this way:

In Prodigal Sun, in order to get the final reward without the 4-star, it required a full seven clears on every day, plus the ones on the main menu, to limp over the finish line at the end.  Again, only 40 of 1000 managed this, whether from lack of interest or missing nodes on any of the days.

I just finished the final reward on Strange Sights, again without the 4-star.  It's not a perfect match because there are wave nodes, but this required seven clears on days 1-2 (five clears of the waves) and only *three* clears on day 3 (two clears of the waves).  16 of 1000 have already made it with 22 hours to play.

My experience with Strange Sights is like my experience with every other similar PVE event.  I play with the optimal time management for my schedule and have no difficulty in getting the final progression reward with lots of time to spare.  Sometimes it takes three clears, sometimes more, but never, ever seven.  Prodigal Sun had me using a calculator to see whether I could actually finish, and that's with all the extra single-pass nodes and the ability to get full points on the main menu by playing them once every 24 hours.

The Prodigal Sun nodes do not give enough points.  Period.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Heartbreaksoup get upset all you want but @Smart80 has good points.  You're not building a good case especially not one good enough to end with:
    The Prodigal Sun nodes do not give enough points.  Period.
    Basing any of this by how many people hit top progression in your bracket is not a good measure.  7 day events a notorious for people not trying as hard because it's tedious or they get bored of it or etc.  

You aren't providing much in the way of objective evidence to support your claim.  You just list some vague personal experience (that so far no one has backed up) and the placements which has been pointed out as being unreliable on 7 day events.  It's certainly not impossible the points are wrong.  I would be interested to see a detailed breakout looking at all the point values of the nodes, I know there are people tracking that.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strange sights is also a bit misleading since all subs are Worth an equal amount of Points. In all other PvEs, nodes in later subs are Worth more Points. Thus the last day of Prodigal Sun has the most Points available on the table, and if people have given up on the event by then it's not that strange if they miss out on the last progression reward...
  • Heartbreaksoup
    @broll, his only point was that people may lack interest in a 7-day game, which I acknowledged.  And as to @Quebbster's point about the value of Prodigal Sun day 7's nodes being greater, I agree: if anybody missed some nodes on day 7, they couldn't do it.  But if anybody missed some nodes on day 1, where the value was lowest, hoping to catch up by the end of the event, they *still* couldn't do it without the 4-star.

It was my experience that without the 4-star, every single node was required, seven times, at as close to an optimum "reboot" time as can be managed, in order to get the prize.  I have not experienced this with any other event.

• Smart80
    First of all, dont take this as some sort of personal attack.

One of your main points is the amount of people that make personal progression. Its no secret that many people dont like 7 day event or have time to play each day. With a new 4* as essential, the enthousiasm might very well be even lower.

You may not like this as a counter to you issue, but dont hate the messenger...

Anyway, earlier i tried to ask you more specifics, on the way you clear and grind nodes, but you decided to ignore my question or at least avoid it without really answering it. I dont mind, as its your issue and not mine.

They did change node points compared to last time it ran, also as that was from before 5ess came into play, so you might have a good point in all. The way you argue your issue is not helping you i think, but i wish you luck with it.