Fighting Yourself in Behemoth Burrito

Am I the only one that finds it very annoying to be forced into a fight vs. self?  Today was OBW vs. Grey Suit ...so not a perfect match but I have had Mags vs Mags, Wolvie vs. Wolvie, Torch vs. Torch, etc.  (I realize as I write this they are all characters with multiple rarities, but I am referring (mostly) to Matching rarities as well as matching characters)

I recognize that they took away the limitation some time ago, and for overall gameplay, I appreciate it.  I agree with the idea that  I should be able to choose who I want (or I should I have a limited roster, I should not be forced out of a match).  But when it comes to the required matches (be it a PVE required or some of the Deadpool matches) I think the least they could do is take a little bit of time and make it so the 'enemy' is not the same as the required.  If you are gonna MAKE me use Xforce Wolverine, don't make me fight Xforce Wolverine (or one of the other Woverines).  It is not like there isn't enough characters to choose from.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind so much in DDQ, but when Dark Avengers are Required in DA-heavy events (and particularly when the same character is in that Required node), that gets annoying fast. Bullseye vs Bullseye matches really aren't my idea of fun.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    @TPF Alexis agree -- those DA heavy events are also particularly annoying -- we see them so much already.  I know they have already said they don't want to do any more 2* -- but I would not mind seeing at least some new 2* non-playables (not more goons, but like Rhino, or Jugs ... they don't have to be playable - just something different to look at.

Today, in the one of the Daily wave nodes, I down 4* Deadpool, and who shows up but 3* Deadpool ?!?
  • TPF Alexis
    Yeah, I was thinking of this thread when the other DP popped up in TBE as well. There was also one a few days ago with MNMags on the team and a CMags team-up. Or maybe the other way around. They were both in there, tho.
  • gentgeen
    .... and today we get Scarlet Witch in in the BB.  
  • TPF Alexis
    Switch is at least a potentially interesting mirror match, with some strategy involved in staying on top of the Arcane Incantation countdowns. Also one of the most narratively justifiable, since there are plenty of other Magic-users who could probably impersonate her. But yeah.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    I had both Deadpools on the screen at the same time. Which seems improbable.
  • gentgeen

Would that fall into "breaking the 4th wall???"  LOL.   Did not even think of that, but now that you mention it, it makes sense based on which order you had the goons.  (When I see DP, I usually move him to the front, my guess is you didn't )

• St_Bernadus
    gentgeen said:

Would that fall into "breaking the 4th wall???"  LOL.   Did not even think of that, but now that you mention it, it makes sense based on which order you had the goons.  (When I see DP, I usually move him to the front, my guess is you didn't )

Well, Thanos killed the first 3 then the next 3 showed up. I guess they were 4th and 6th in line.
  • gentgeen
    edited March 2018
    OK...so it happens again today with Wolverine vs. Wolverine.  So in less than 7 days we now have 4 forced duplicates.... maybe this is not just "Confirmation Bias"

I am gonna start keeping track of it in this tread... lets see what happens 

March 2nd  ---  Black Widow (2*) vs. Black Widow (3*) in Burrito
    March 3rd  ---  Deadpool (3* and then 4*) shows up twice in the Enchilada Wave
    March 4th  ---  Scarlet Witch (3*) vs. Scarlet Witch (3*) in Burrito
    March 8th  ---  Wolverine (2*)  vs Wolverine  (4*) in the Burrito

• St_Bernadus
    Today I KO'd 2-Wolverine and who should replace him but X-Force ... wolverine! That was some rapid healing.
  • gentgeen
    Today I KO'd 2-Wolverine and who should replace him but X-Force ... wolverine! That was some rapid healing.
    Shoot, missed that one, must not have been paying enough attention this morning.  Guess it was in the Enchilada?  
  • St_Bernadus
    Yep, Enchilada with double portion of Wolverine.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really don't care who I'm fighting in DDQ; I rarely even pay attention because they're all so trivial. As long as every node isn't filled with Sentries I'm cool.

But I will say I have learned a thing or two from the Behemoth Burrito node, and I don't think the developers are on total auto-pilot all the time. I appreciate the synergy player teams often have and sometimes it makes me think of a team that might even work even better. Today it was 4Carol/3Blade/Ares and that was a fun team with some definite synergy. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Dormammu said:
    But I will say I have learned a thing or two from the Behemoth Burrito node, and I don't think the developers are on total auto-pilot all the time. I appreciate the synergy player teams often have and sometimes it makes me think of a team that might even work even better. Today it was 4Carol/3Blade/Ares and that was a fun team with some definite synergy. 
    Yeah, that was one of the most enjoyable Burritos in a while, and another that I want to try to remember for the next Combined Arms.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen said:

March 12th -- Wolverine (2* and then 4*) show up twice in the Enchilada Wave
    March 15th -- Kamala Khan (3*) vs. Kamala Khan (3*) in Burrito

UPDATED a few dups

• gentgeen
    gentgeen said:
    gentgeen said:

March 12th -- Wolverine (2* and then 4*) show up twice in the Enchilada Wave
    March 15th -- Kamala Khan (3*) vs. Kamala Khan (3*) in Burrito

March 20th  -- Daken (2*) vs. Daken (2*) in Burrito 

(On of my favorite 'vs self' fights... Match green, wait 3 mins for both passives, repeat.... so much fun  :-(    )

• TPF Alexis
    gentgeen said:
    March 20th  -- Daken (2*) vs. Daken (2*) in Burrito 

(On of my favorite 'vs self' fights... Match green, wait 3 mins for both passives, repeat.... so much fun  :-(    )

Even more so when both Daken and Bullseye are on both sides. And once I ended up with that plus Medusa. Seemed like a good idea with so many specials around, but I've finished 4* essential nodes faster than some single turns of that took.
  • St_Bernadus
    Burrito today featured Quake v Quake, which was unexpected.
  • gentgeen
    Burrito today featured Quake v Quake, which was unexpected.

... and that was a horrible team / match .... With green being the only real damage, and with OBW just kept stealing.... it took forever.  (I downed their Quake first, but then OBW just keep stealing, and then Anti-Grav healing herself and IronMan.  Just got into this horrible loop)
  • TPF Alexis
    On the plus side, when both Quakes are in front, it looks kind of like they're playing patty-cake. ;)