In-game chat [Investigating]

Options
2»

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @abmoraz
    I apologize for the confusion. The line I wanted to reference from the link is the following: 

"Before switching to another device it is advised to perform an action that saves the game. Such actions include beating a mission, opening a pack and rostering a character."

After you've done this, then it is recommended to force close the application before switching to another device. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think I've had mine take days to show up, but i would say that at least as often as not, messages send the little red notification and never actually pull the message down until it's not relevant. Hard closing doesn't help me in those situations either.
    I believe the red "new message" icon also shows when someone has requested team ups, even if the request has been fulfilled and the request is gone. That's probably responsible for a fair amount of the confusion. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think I've had mine take days to show up, but i would say that at least as often as not, messages send the little red notification and never actually pull the message down until it's not relevant. Hard closing doesn't help me in those situations either.
    I believe the red "new message" icon also shows when someone has requested team ups, even if the request has been fulfilled and the request is gone. That's probably responsible for a fair amount of the confusion. 
    Yeah, this definitely happens.
  • Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    This also causes the red “new message” icon. But it is not the reason that messages show up very late. Basically, the chat feature is pretty broken and needs to be fixed. With every new release of the game I hope for a better working chat, and it never seems to happen. 
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Memory's fickle and fuzzy, but I think I was in the middle of a lengthy PVP battle when some of my Alliance members started having a conversation. When I noticed a notification for Alliance chat, I saw what seemed like the second half of a sentence, and so, suspecting yet another chat desync, I took a screenshot and force-closed the app.

When I re-opened the app, my suspicions were verified:

So, whatever had been said more than ~18 minutes prior to me checking the chat, I missed until I reopened the app. And by then, quite a lot of messages had already scrolled off the bottom as well.

Hope this helps!