Arcane Adaptation(s) [Investigating]

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
We've been having a lot of fun making new creatures with Arcane Adaptation here is my favorite (2 lines!!), let's see what you can come up with. 

To embed a photo: Upload it to your favorite hosting site, open it, right click and chose open in new tab. Copy the URL from the top bar and paste into the photo box in your message toolbar :)

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• bk1234
    Options
    Here are a couple more:

• ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Plus "Token" (not listed)
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    All about the Boom...

• Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was told this functions more like a spell and not a continuous effect. Is that correct? 
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    It triggers when it comes into play. So yes. It works like a spell.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    We've been having a lot of fun making new creatures with Arcane Adaptation here is my favorite (2 lines!!), let's see what you can come up with. 

To embed a photo: Upload it to your favorite hosting site, open it, right click and chose open in new tab. Copy the URL from the top bar and paste into the photo box in your message toolbar :)
    showoff ;)
  • Firinmahlazer
    Options
    asm0deus said:
    It triggers when it comes into play. So yes. It works like a spell.
    So it's bugged then?
  • bk1234
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Firinmahlazer yes, it’s bugged, however I’m still trying to figure out how to do a big report which is why I’ve been playing with it so much. 

It worked like a support when piggy came into play, but like a spell with Ulrich (I had to cast another one to get he’s glorious name) 

I can’t quite figure out the pattern yet to put in a bug report. 
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    8 subtypes I think is max. I cannot share picture but:
    Architect of the untamed (elf druid artificial)
    Zombified by gift of the pharaoh God
    Arcane adapted.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Actually, I think it's supposed to be an ETB effect only by the wording. It adds types to all your creatures on the battlefield and in hand when it enters, as it says. The second part might make it seem inconsistent.
  • Szamsziel
    Options
    I think despite ofbthe text is when it's actually casted - whirred does not work 
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Does not work with whir. You are correct.
  • bk1234
    Options
    It does work like a continuous effect with some cards though. 
  • bk1234
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] This thread is being moved due to the number of inconsistencies being reported. [//MOD MIC]

OP note -- but please continue to post your cool creatures as well -- can we get it to 10 or does it lock at 8? (If it doesn't go further that could be a bug as well)
  • Szamsziel
    Options
    Finally at home so I can post my 8 types. Doubt if more is possible (the max subtypes Ive seen is 3 - especially Allies)

• Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    @Firinmahlazer yes, it’s bugged, however I’m still trying to figure out how to do a big report which is why I’ve been playing with it so much. 

It worked like a support when piggy came into play, but like a spell with Ulrich (I had to cast another one to get he’s glorious name) 

I am curious if you drew Ulrich after support was in play. The way I read it, it is ETB effect gives tribal to creatures in hand and on field but won’t add it to future cards drawn. And after the ETB the only ability it had is draw cards after destroyed. 
  • Firinmahlazer
    Options
    DBJones said:
    Actually, I think it's supposed to be an ETB effect only by the wording. It adds types to all your creatures on the battlefield and in hand when it enters, as it says. The second part might make it seem inconsistent.
    Overwhelming Splendor has similar wording. 

"Each card in your opponents hand cost 6 more mana" 

One would that that's a one time effect but it's continuous.
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sorry. I didn’t see DBJones comment. I thought the same thing.  
  • bk1234
    Options
    Skiglass6 said:
    bken1234 said:

I am curious if you drew Ulrich after support was in play. The way I read it, it is ETB effect gives tribal to creatures in hand and on field but won’t add it to future cards drawn. And after the ETB the only ability it had is draw cards after destroyed. 
    I’m not sure,but I will test some more today and pay attention or maybe take
    video. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    Also if Arcane Adaption is destroyed, the cards lose the creature types, which is more like the Support it is than a spell.