Arcane Adaptation(s) [Investigating]

Options
2»

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also if Arcane Adaption is destroyed, the cards lose the creature types, which is more like the Support it is than a spell.
    Then it’s working like Cast Out. Except bugged because it’s only sometimes. These cards should have their own subtype 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    [MOD MIC ON] This thread is being moved due to the number of inconsistencies being reported. [//MOD MIC]

OP note -- but please continue to post your cool creatures as well -- can we get it to 10 or does it lock at 8? (If it doesn't go further that could be a bug as well)
    heh heh you had to move your own thread.

Why yes I am 7, thank you for asking. :)
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sadly doesn't spill over into a second line, but 7 creature types.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    and just like that, every deck I'm facing in TG has arcane adaptation and god pharoh's gift.

Things they're playing...well...it is not the pretty mermaid I was looking for. -_-
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    and just like that, every deck I'm facing in TG has arcane adaptation and god pharoh's gift.

Things they're playing...well...it is not the pretty mermaid I was looking for. -_-
    It’s the zombie dino pirate in them that feels all off in those mermaids...
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    it's very interesting. So if you have Thopter Spy Network out and no thopters out and cast it then the new thopters next turn will have no extra types, but if you play it while one thopter is out it will get the types.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I'm not a developer, however based on the wording of Arcane Adaptation's description, only applying the additional creature types when it enters the battlefield, not as a continuous effect, seems to be correct functionality. Having said that though, if those creature types are being lost after the Support gem is destroyed, then that might potentially be a bug.

I'm compiling a comprehensive list of all Ixalan bug reports to be sent to the development team today. I will be sure to include that lost creature type issue on that list as well. Thanks for the info!

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Additionally, the card is only working intermittently on cards in-hand.