March Super-Q&A Session - Question Submission (2/28/18)

Options
2»

Comments

• asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Any plans on reducing the entry cost of trial of the planes to make it the same as across ixalan? Please say yes.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What is your view on card rarity and set mechanics?

For instance in the kaladesh block you needed mythics to run as reliable engines to feed the energy abilities of non rare cards.

The same seems to be true in Ixalan, especially with vampires.

Any plans to make such engines not rare in the future? 
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Will the standard format of PQ follow the standard format of Paper MTG?

Specifically, will the KLD and AKH blocks be rotating out in the fall? thanks

also here's a custom GIF for you to enjoy

https://media.giphy.com/media/43Lp7c3IunKaIqCff6/giphy.gif

• ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I noticed after Ixalan was intoduced, every time a card reinforces the card pops up on the screen. For example, when Stir the Sands is played, it shows the card when it's first cast, then 2 more times. It used to show the card once (2/2), then pop the card a second time (4/4) and then not pop the card for the last reinforcement--instead the 4/4 on the playing field would "flash" to 6/6. I would prefer the card being played to pop once, hit the battlefield and "flash" the x/x for each reinforcement. Same thing for servo supports--it would be great if multiples would hit the board at the same time. Do you have any plans to look at streamlining the animations to save time for the player and could this help with battery life? Thank you.
  • Krishna
    Options
    Will we ever get to see the graveyard?
  • Krishna
    Options
    Would it be possible to hire someone to proof read all the cards in the game? There are far too many mistakes. It's just very unprofessional

Do you plan to add, on the cards, the number of shields each support has in the future? 
    On one hand, agree. And beyond proofreading, there needs to be a consistent way to word cards (like in Paper MTG).
    On the other hand, I chuckle every time I read "The golden city is there for the taken!" Sometimes you need a good laugh. Wish they'd hire me, I offer competitive rates

• Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess apart from everyone's questions which I agree I can only say:

Will you be fixing the game so that when I'm clicking a bit faster to maybe win a little earlier I don't have to fear DA FREEZE every waking moment?

Is there going to be any tournaments in the future?

Thank you for across ixalan!
    No thank you for RTO.

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    other question: will this game ever be compatible with tablets or amazon game store?
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will the Elite cards from the Ixalan block be incorporated into booster packs at some point in the future (as they are with all previous Elite-containing sets), or will they remain forever in the Elite packs only?
  • adman149
    adman149 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any chance you might allow the players to choose their pack from rewards? Most of these events offer packs as prizes that many people already own all the cards in that particular set. It would be nice to have the option to choose a set where maybe I wouldn’t be guaranteed all dupes. 

Also, it would be great to see if some form
    of sealed deck tournaments here. 
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is going to sound a bit premature buuuutttt...

With the rapid release of all the new PW and exclusive cards does that mean we are racing towards a release of Rivals of Ixalan sooner than we expect? Is there a plan to cycle the deals through the vault again for the people who might have missed them?
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    adman149 said:
    Any chance you might allow the players to choose their pack from rewards? Most of these events offer packs as prizes that many people already own all the cards in that particular set. It would be nice to have the option to choose a set where maybe I wouldn’t be guaranteed all dupes. 

Also, it would be great to see if some form
    of sealed deck tournaments here. 
    I asked this very question earlier on in the thread. Go back and give it a +1! Let's get it some visibility.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are any changes to the QA planned?
    I don't mind a few bugs, particulary not after a big update, or not-easy-to-replicate-ones - but there are a ton of bugs active that should not be. Particulary regarding the cash cards.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Thanks for all the questions!
This discussion has been closed.