Kindle version not working?

Aldaen
Aldaen Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
I recently bought a Kindle and started playing it on there.  It was playing fine, but there is a new patch.  When I launch the game it says to update.  When I go to update, there are no update available.  So it is an endless loop and now there is no way to play the game.  Is this typical on the Kindle version?  Does the patch take a few days longer to get added on Kindle?  Anything I can do to play?  There is no way to skip the update message... it just never loads.  I've tried closing the apps and rebooting.  Still doesn't work.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first reaction to this thread was how could you tell between the colors on a Kindle.  I forgot the Fire was a thing lol.
  • Aldaen
    Yeah, it is a Kindle Fire :smile:
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Here is another person having this issue that has been reported before. @Brigby can you have the dev team look at why there is such a delay for the kindle updates? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. It would appear there was an issue during its anticipated release yesterday. We have corrected this, and players should see it live within the next 30 - 60 minutes. Apologies for the confusion.
  • Aldaen
    Great, thank you guys.
  • firpo22
    firpo22 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    This is not the first time this has happened. For whatever reason, whenever there is a new update, it is not available at the Amazon app store until later - maybe even the next day. Sometimes you get this update problem.  My advice is not to try to update. My FIRE HD 10 has a skip button on the left side of the update. If you have this, click that instead of the update now button. Yes, the update will still pop up periodically, but at least you can play the game. 
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Having the same issue once again. My phone updated, kindle is still not showing an update even though the app says there is one available and no way to skip the update. This is a reoccurring issue. Can you have the dev team dig into this issue? @Brigby
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, this is probably the most egregious lag I've experienced in my nearly two years of playing. I think this is the first time I've gotten the message to update and there's no update available, so I can't actually play on my Kindle.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. We encountered a setback with providing the latest build to the Amazon platform, however we are working with Amazon to get the update out to players as fast as we can. Apologies for the inconvenience, but thank you for your patience!