Daiane - Oktagon's Community Manager

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We are excited to announce that Oktagon will be having their own internal Community Manager browsing the forum and helping players out:
@Oktagon_Daiane said:

Hi! Nice to meet you all! Let me introduce myself. My name is Daiane and I'm the Community Manager of the Oktagon Team. From now on, I will be on the forum reading your suggestions and answering some questions.
I know many of you are excited about having an Oktagon team member engaging with the community, so I wanted to let everyone know more about her role here, and what players can expect from her.

For now, she will primarily be focusing on discussions that involve the more prominent development problems that Oktagon can assist with resolving. (For example, Coalition account lock-outs or the Booster Crafting bugs that occurred during launch) She will be on the ground-level, keeping an eye out for major issues like these, so the team is able to react even faster. For the minor issues that don't dramatically impact player experience, please continue to use the Bugs & Technical Issues sub-forum to report them, as I will still be sweeping through that section to compile those bugs .

She will also be proactively gathering and responding to feedback, however I must respectfully request that players be mindful when choosing to tag or message her. We know that players are very passionate about many elements of the game, so we want to make sure that her time on the forums is spent as efficiently as possible. If the topic is not of pressing concern, then please reach out to myself or Lakestone instead.

With that said, please join me in giving a warm welcome to Daiane, Oktagon's Community Manager!

Comments

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Welcome Daiane!

looking forward to your precense here. If we seem rough and angry, its because we truly care and love this game.

People wanted RTO to be amazing, and were excited for ixalan. So remember that when we seem ungrateful and whiny: its because we want the best for the game :)
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Greetings Daiane!

What Thuran said, except not all of us are rough and angry.  Some of us are super duper friendly :)
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Greetings Daiane!

What Thuran said, except not all of us are rough and angry.  Some of us are super duper friendly :)
    Thanks @FindingHeart8, you shouldn't have! =)

Welcome Daiane.  It is encouraging to have someone from Oktagon join the fray. 

If you are interested there are several live chat servers populated by hundreds (if not thousands of MTGPQ players) using Slack or Discord.  This allows us to share information, chat in real time, share pictures (much better than the forums), and generally discuss everything (MTGPQ and otherwise).  If you think bugs get detected quickly on the forums, it is practically real time in these chat programs.

Anyway, it is a great way to communicate with a more collaborative feel because it is easy to have a back and forth rather than a disjointed wall of text that is the crux of most forums.

We would LOVE to have you join us in one or more of these.  And even though we are spread out across about 4 different servers, we are all pretty welcoming and could probably all pick just 1 to engage with you in. 

PM me or practically any active member of the forums for an invite. We promise to be nice =) 

Regardless, welcome aboard!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well this is cool. I don't know if I'm prescient somehow or this was a result of me asking for this. Regardless, I'm super pumped! Welcome Daiane we will endeavor to show the utmost respect and are very pleased to have you with us 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome Daiane -- nice to have you aboard!
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Well this is cool. I don't know if I'm prescient somehow or this was a result of me asking for this. Regardless, I'm super pumped! Welcome Daiane we will endeavor to show the utmost respect and are very pleased to have you with us 
    Ask and you shall receive
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    God bless you Daiane and good luck. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very happy to have you on the board, as regular communication from the top down is something that we have needed for a long time! 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welcome! 

• Kinesia
    Options
    (PS. I'm Australian, I'm glad Rabid Wombat has the right forum picture again but I'd be careful about believing them about being "super duper friendly", they are probably trying to be, but rabies is a special form of perception bias and they may be head bumping your leg to death so you'll fall over and they can steal all your carrots.)

This is an example of the kind of terrible humour you may come to expect.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    (PS. I'm Australian, I'm glad Rabid Wombat has the right forum picture again but I'd be careful about believing them about being "super duper friendly", they are probably trying to be, but rabies is a special form of perception bias and they may be head bumping your leg to death so you'll fall over and they can steal all your carrots.)

why would a wombat try to steal your carrots when your wallet is so much more valuable?
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

She will also be proactively gathering and responding to feedback, however I must respectfully request that players be mindful when choosing to tag or message her. We know that players are very passionate about many elements of the game, so we want to make sure that her time on the forums is spent as efficiently as possible. If the topic is not of pressing concern, then please reach out to myself or Lakestone instead.
    Emphasis mine. Looks like they're trying to aid in the team's turnaround time on hot-button topics that may be able to be fixed quickly.

Brigby gets tagged in every other thread so I think we'll be doing alright if we can aim for every third thread, right?

Welcome, Daiane!
  • Kinesia
    Options
    Abenjes said:
    Kinesia said:

why would a wombat try to steal your carrots when your wallet is so much more valuable?

It's Australia. The carrots are more valuable.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Welcome Daiane!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Welcome Daiane!
  • FindingHeart8
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kinesia said:

httpsencrypted-tbn0gstaticcomimagesqtbnANd9GcS-MmrEh8fOaQhAXfy6AVn4c7DMGgk3BFlesyXxcmpb1fLXq1DJjA

I'm going to crawl back to my cave to avoid being pelted with additional Dad jokes ;)
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alright, so we all agreed not to overly mention @Oktagon_Daiane but I noticed that no one has mentioned her nor has she seemed to say anything. What's the scoop Daiane? Are you reading the forums? Any plans to say something to us?
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Alright, so we all agreed not to overly mention @Oktagon_Daiane but I noticed that no one has mentioned her nor has she seemed to say anything. What's the scoop Daiane? Are you reading the forums? Any plans to say something to us?
    she did go through the thread and like some of our posts.

Starting with me

httpspicsonsizzlecombasking-in-the-sun-5586150png
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's impossible to tell on mobile