Fortified Tiles

Trilateralus
Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
I was using Shuri in the Prodigal Son loaner node and created a fortified tile on basic yellow. The enemy promptly filled that empty fortification with a CD. I was unaware empty fortified tiles were up for grabs. Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    A fortified tile is eligible for any effect that could change it. It just takes two matches to remove it.  Gambit can overwrite something fortified, a basic tile can have a CD or other special tile put onto it, etc. 
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah on further reflection I was expecting fortified tiles to act more like locked tiles. Before Shuri there were just so few ways to get a blank fortified tile that it had never come up for me. Live and learn. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah on further reflection I was expecting fortified tiles to act more like locked tiles. Before Shuri there were just so few ways to get a blank fortified tile that it had never come up for me. Live and learn. 
    The most common way you see it happen is when a char creates CD tiles,  someone else fortifies the tile,  then the original CD caster is then killed.

The CD disappears,  but the fortification remains active and more importantly it can be autofilled with someone else's special or CD tile.

Easy to create this effect.  just look for gambit, HE/GG combos.  Fortified tiles galore