Does anyone track 5* PVE rotation?

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
I looked in the Guides and Character subforums and couldn't find anything.  I know we have a lot of trouble with the lack of a clear pattern here, but I'm trying to figure out if Black Bolt will be featured anytime soon, so I can make sure I have 250CP on hand when he's in the HFH store.

Sub-question: is there a pattern to the 5* HFH color?  My BB is 5/4/3 so I need to get lucky to have him featured and get lucky again to have it not be green.  (Already sold 3 greens, boooo.)

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Someone did post a list earlier this week, but I'm not sure where. We don't know if they'll run them again in the same order, but if they do BB should be early. He didn't have a HfH store last time, so it's not certain which colour will be offered either.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I don't have the data, but with Thanos we've now made the first round of Classics being through the loop once.  We won't know till they tell us (or in 4 events) if Spidey , DD, & Gambit will get a turn in classics before they start round 2 or not.  They were Latest when the first loop started and have already been featured many times.  I could see them being included or skipped, it's hard to tell.

It will also be interesting to see if they follow the same order or if they continue forward seemingly at random.  Since there has been no determinable pattern my guess is random, but that also seems like it would be hard for them to internally maintain who's covered and whose not.

Also there was one classic that was mistakenly featured twice (can't remember who).  They said they would skip him next round to balance it out, we'll see if they remember or not.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Star-Lord was the one who was featured twice.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Star-Lord was the one who was featured twice.
    I was thinking SL or HE, glad one of them was right.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first two Classics featured were Surfer, then Bolt. He should (?) have his first color for the first time in the HfH store.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Starlord was the first 5 featured, was he a classic then? Can't remember and didn't note that, but the next 3 were Spiderman, Doc Ock and Daredevil, definitely as latest then Surfer, then the 3 Latests again, then Bolt.
  • bluewolf
    edited February 2018
    They didn’t announce an order until halfway through the first Latest run.  SL was Classic when the 5E started, though, and I think they had the Cosmic Legends store open for him.
  • udonomefoo
    bluewolf said:
    The first two Classics featured were Surfer, then Bolt. He should (?) have his first color for the first time in the HfH store.
    That's what I figured would probably happen too.  I just have to get 6 more Medusa covers and I can get the last black I need. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been tracking the data, I can try to make it a little more forum-friendly and post it here (not sure if it'll be easier to just type it up here, or clean up my spreadsheet and share a Google Doc).
  • udonomefoo
    JHawkInc said:
    I've been tracking the data, I can try to make it a little more forum-friendly and post it here (not sure if it'll be easier to just type it up here, or clean up my spreadsheet and share a Google Doc).
    Given their lack of a clear pattern, it's probably a waste of your time so don't do it on my behalf.  If you want to do it anyway, I certainly wouldn't be mad at you for it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Given their lack of a clear pattern, it's probably a waste of your time so don't do it on my behalf.  If you want to do it anyway, I certainly wouldn't be mad at you for it.
    It definitely has its uses. When you're midway through a cycle and someone asks a question like "How long could it possibly be before we see X a second time?" or "When's the earliest that the new 5* could be essential?" or "Who's left this cycle?" it's really easy to look at the list and see. Those types of questions get asked around here often enough that sharing the info certainly wouldn't be a waste.
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    So far:

SL
    PP
    DD
    SS
    PP
    DD
    Ock
    BB
    GG
    DD
    Gambit
    IM46
    SL
    PP
    DD
    HE
    BSSM
    DD
    Thor
    BW
    Gambit
    AA
    Strange
    Phoenix
    Thor
    AA
    Cap
    OML
    Thor
    AA
    Robbie
    BP
    Thanos

I think that is right, would love for someone to check it if they have another list.
  • IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    The first 5 star essential was September 21st for reference.  Five months to cycle through all classics.
  • udonomefoo
    Wow, DD was featured 5 times?  I didn't notice it was that many.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Thor is coming up again next for Strange Sights, per the sneak preview thread.
  • Quebbster
    Wow, DD was featured 5 times?  I didn't notice it was that many.
    All of them while he was in Latest, but 5 times sounds about right.
  • bluewolf
    edited February 2018
    A Latest is in for about 18 weeks.  The LLLCC cycle is approx 2.5 weeks. 18/2.5 = 7.2 times that a Latest will be essential, but probably really 6 times considering 7 days, bosses, etc.  
  • St_Bernadus
    I think you missed the first appearance of Ock between Peter Parker and DD.
    Also Parker appeared right after Green Goblin. The Hulk was after Black Widow. Er U am seeing a few omissions actually.

My list matches the one linked by OJSP.
  • St_Bernadus
    Didn't see any answer to the OP's sub question, all the featured 5s had their first color in the store, so when it flips to the second time through, it will be the middle color. What that means for those who were featured before the HfH store kicked in is not yet known. But Bolt was in that group so you might be lucky it you might not....
  • Quebbster
    Didn't see any answer to the OP's sub question, all the featured 5s had their first color in the store, so when it flips to the second time through, it will be the middle color. What that means for those who were featured before the HfH store kicked in is not yet known. But Bolt was in that group so you might be lucky it you might not....

I assume Bolt and Surfer will have their first colors offered first Before continuing to the second color no matter where in the cycle they show up. No fun for me and my 5/4/2 Bolt, but there's not much to do about it...

Surfer is 3/4/5 though so he'd be happy with either first or second color.