MtGPQ Sneak Peek: March 2018 Edition *Updated (3/22/18)

Options

Comments

• Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am so mad I wasted my crystals on Hualti, she is useless.  Can we trade her in or maybe fix her abilities?
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Is there any update on this week Race to Orazca and Trial of Strengh events ? If Rivals in Ixalan is released in 2 days and KLD/AER are rotated out of Standard, the cards qualifying for those events cannot be from those 2 sets. Those are 2 important Coalition events so a confirmation about the sets that can be used is needed. Or maybe RIX is not released this week, then everything is business as usual
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options
    No way RIX releases this week. First 2.5 has to come out and I doubt we even get that this week. I'm calling RIX at the beginning of April. At the soonest. I bet it isn't even coded and done yet or they'd show us the cards. They didn't because they're not done.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2.5 is out including RIX. A clarification on what cards will be allowed in RtO and ToS would be nice.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Brigby where is Across Ixilian?

Edit: it did finally appear last night.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(3/15/18) Brigby - Updated image overviews, Single-Player, and Multiplayer events
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really like the new start and end times and want to send a big thanks to D3 Go! and Oktagon for this -- 

I'm hoping RtO starting on Wednesday was a one-off this week and that BoFT will end early so we don't only have 3 hours between events going forward -- this doesn't give teams time to find replacements between events. 

Still, short of revolving opt-in times, the new schedule is a move in the right direction. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @BrigbyAny word on when the February/March combined Q&A will be posted?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    @Brigby can we see the event schedule for next week?
  • Brigby
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Brigby Any word on when the February/March combined Q&A will be posted?
    Apologies for the delay. GDC and Wondercon has me a bit tightly scheduled. If I have the opportunity, I'll try and post the Q&A end of this week, but it's looking more like early next week is the anticipated post time.
    Brigby can we see the event schedule for next week?
    Sure thing!
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(3/22/18) Brigby - Updated Single-Player and Multiplayer events
  • bk1234
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *(3/22/18) Brigby - Updated Single-Player and Multiplayer events
    @Brigby -- no events next week?

• Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @bken1234 Brigby did not show them graphically but Fateful Showdown and Hour of Devastation with Bolas required are up next week. However there are no Coalition event, unless HoD is Coalition event.

I would rather have Race to Orazca and Battle of the Four Tribes alternating every weekend as Coalition Event. And Legacy PVE or PvP non coalition events during the weekdays.

If we look forward, AKH and HOU sets will be out of Standard in 2 months and we need more time to play with the new mechanics and more recent cards from now on.
  • bk1234
    Options
    Oh, HoD.

Great. 

::sigh::
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ooh, awkward bolas on bolas action again. At least it isn't ROTGP. 
  • bk1234
    Options
    Ooh, awkward bolas on bolas action again. At least it isn't ROTGP. 
    @Sirchombli -- I don't know about you, but with the exception of that node, The Immortal Sun is going to get a lot of use. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby Any word on when the February/March combined Q&A will be posted?
    Apologies for the delay. GDC and Wondercon has me a bit tightly scheduled. If I have the opportunity, I'll try and post the Q&A end of this week, but it's looking more like early next week is the anticipated post time.

I'm thrilled by the potential upcoming 3-month-hyper-Q&A (Feb to Apr) in May with 85% outdated questions ;)
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @bken1234 I'll be using and abusing it. Got an image to uphold over here. It's hard work being toxic