QoL Change: Buy 30 Boosts. Streamline Boosts.

babinro
babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
This has been a long overdue quality of life request for many years now.

Problem:
- It's inconvenient to have to buy AP boosts or Match damage boosts every couple of matches.
- This annoyance is made worse with Match Damage because you use all 5 of them every match.
- This process is just needlessly time consuming a tap/click heavy.

Solution:
- ISO Boosts:   Instead of buying sets of 5 you simply buy all 30.  
- Any boost that gets applied 5 times is now reduced to 2 times in order to streamline the system.
Example:  Match Damage 10% applied five times is changed to Match Damage 25% but can only be applied twice.
- HP Boosts remain unchanged.   HP is a valuable resource and you don't want people feeling bad for accidentally spending a lot of it.  Best keep those untouched.

The above solutions are designed to be as easy to implement as possible.
If you wanted to go above and beyond you could change it so that selecting a boost defaults to maximum allowable boosts. 

I don't know how many people use +1 Red AP / +1 Yellow AP ONLY.  
My guess is that 95% of us use +2 Red AP/ +2 Yellow AP...so why not cater the defaults to the norm?
The button beneath could then be used to REDUCE the default boost from +2/+2 to +1/+1.

Again...that's nitpick stuff and is more complex.   Simply doing the primary solution would make for a WONDERFUL and much needed quality of life change.   Especially since in 5* tier play there are more useful boosts than we've had in previous years.

Comments

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    How often are you buying boosts? I've never bought them, they come in so frequently
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    If you are not buying boosts every match, then you are not doing it right. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I rather see the Boost stockpile increase to 99.. I'll probably still never use them though. I only use them for undercover DDQ Crash and when I'm close to 900 in PvP
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

If that's the case then maybe I can delay paying my mortgage until next month.. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    My boosts used to sit there unused when I played Versus casually. Since I started playing more competitively, in a more competitive slice..... Yeah, if I'm not buying boosts every match I'm not making points.....
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was just thinking they really should just get rid of them. basically useless (imo). or have the option to sell them for iso. 
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Boosts are all about speed. I rarely use them in PVE, but if I’m Shield hopping in a hostile environment? I am absolutely using boosts, and many people do the same.

This would be a neat QoL change that I would like
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I would say this is a slight exaggeration, I do use a buttload of them in PVP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Agreed. In fact, I suggested this change a year ago.

I don't really use that many boosts myself though, but maybe I should start...

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosts make a real difference in the Gambit mirrror if only to counteract the AP destruction part of his Black ability.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. And here I'm like "oh right I have 30 boosts, maybe I should toss a few in for the next few matches."
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Yes. I do tend to exaggerate. However boosts are not as negligible or a waste of space as many folks are insinuating. They are essential in allowing you to hit above your weight class. It’s how you beat level 500+s with baby champ 5s (~level 450-460). It’s how you make sure you have a jump on the other team when you are using boosts to trigger America Chavez with 2 champ 5s and have her drop critical tiles on the 2nd turn. If you have iso to spare and if you are a hardcore player you have some set aside for pvp skip tax already, you should be using ap boosts to speed up your matches. If you are hopping in pvp, boosts will speed up your match and could be the second or two difference between red nodes or bounces off a shield. 
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker

I like this idea.

Increase the max boosts you can bank (I dunno, up to 50? 100?), and improve the quantities you can purchase.

Also, +1 to all AP makes matches vs gambit much less painful at the start.

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Please please please do this.  I want to buy 99 boosts so I can stop clicking through them every match.  Buy 5, add another one 4x, rinse repeat.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    How often are you buying boosts? I've never bought them, they come in so frequently
    In PvP I use +2 AP ISO boosts in every battle.
    If I'm pushing to shield and points are running dry I'll further speed up matches by using the +1 all AP  HP boosts.

In PvE I use the match damage boosts for the 3 higher scaling nodes that allows for teams of 3 and all of the requirement nodes.   Depending on the nature of the 5* Essential node I'll either use match damage or AP boosts.

I think its safe to say that at least 80% of my matches in any given day have some sort of boosts attached. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, it's a pain in the Sentry to constantly buy more boosts. And it's even more painful when you're playing pvp and the game is like "Lightning round is starting!!!" so then you jump in super fast to a seed match but forgot to turn off the boosts. "Nooooo my precious boosts!!! Gone!!! Iso wasted." A gameplay option that you can enable that reminds you that boosts are enabled would be great. "Boosts are enabled. Continue with match?" Oh damn I forgot to turn off my all ap boost. Thanks for the reminder, MPQ!
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Dilly dilly.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    AND DROP THE STUPID BANNERS REMINDING ME WHICH BOOSTS I EQUIPPED JUST 2 SEC AGO, PLEASE.

Ahem.

It just wastes time and adds zero value. If you're willing to make anims optional, then this is overdue.

Thanks.

(Even when I accidentally burn them, I don't care to have that rubbed in my face.)
    It does add value. It reminds me I forgot to take them off in the last battle so I can get angry and curse.  That’s the QOL change I want boost don’t stay equipped until you take them off or run out. (Or a toggle to let people choose their method)
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    *wonders why this wasn't shuffled over to "Suggestions"....*
    Because we want the dream to live!!!!