Hazard Tiles count as player's for "Insult to Injury." [Investigating]

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,572 Chairperson of the Boards

In the "Black Panther (Civil War)" node in the "Astral Plane" sub, I noticed that Doctor Octopus activated "Insult to Injury" one turn, which was odd since I didn't have any special tiles of my own, and the only one of Venom's protect tiles had been destroyed in a match-4 the prior turn.  I wondered if it was the Hazard tile that caused it, so I kept a careful eye on what tile caused the "Insult to Injury."

I was able to positively confirm that it was - twice more I saw the AI match a Hazard tile, which activated Doctor Octopus' "Insult to Injury."  I didn't get manage to get a screenshot, but I can try later today if you need it. I'm not angry or anything at this (maybe mildly annoyed,) but I can't imagine this is working as intended so I'm filing this bug report.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    I can absolutely confirm that this was happening.  It was a definite annoyance (though not an insurmountable one).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, the two of you are using Dr. Ock and when the AI matches a hazard tile, it activated your Dr. Ock's ability? Did this happen only at the second last node (Daken, Venom and Teisatsu)? I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me as well. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, the two of you are using Dr. Ock and when the AI matches a hazard tile, it activated your Dr. Ock's ability? Did this happen only at the second last node (Daken, Venom and Teisatsu)? I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me as well. 
    Doc Ock is one of the enemies in the 5* required node, at SCL7 or higher.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I've received confirmation that the team is aware of this issue, and that it is not intended. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Sounds like the power is coded to trigger on "not my" tiles, rather than "the opponent's" tiles.  ([edit] And the number of times I had to hit tab or shift-tab to be able to post this...)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Judging by Tombstone's reply, 3* Hawkeye, 2* Moonstone and similar characters not going to benefit from the hazard tiles in the future. I used 3* Hawkeye and 3* Dr. Ock since the first Wakanda PvE because I saw enemy's Moonstone successfully using Gravity Warp on the hazard tiles, and thought I give it a try to see if their passive activates. And it did.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just played the node again, this is still working exactly this way - when the computer matches the hazard tiles it triggers "insult to injury."
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Just played the node again, this is still working exactly this way - when the computer matches the hazard tiles it triggers "insult to injury."

Don't worry, devs are aware.
    It'll be fixed in three years.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    GrimSkald said:

Don't worry, devs are aware.
    It'll be fixed in three years.