Two champed 5*s...and a level one 1*?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
Not gonna name names, obviously. I'm working through Shield Sim and twice I've seen the combo of champed Gambit, champed 5* Thor...and either a level 1 or level 10 1* Black Widow.

And I don't get it.

I mean, normally with these "Come hit me, big boy ;)" teams you get some weak characters worth a lot of points, but if you look at their roster they have 5*s waiting to smash your teeth in. But...this team isn't weak enough with the Gambit/Thor combo to do that.

It's not really worth enough points to be a grill, and again it's not easy enough to beat to be that either.

Can someone explain it? Maybe it's a grill specifically designed for people with a good 5* Thanos?

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some people like running ridiculous people with Gambit to prove how OP he is.  A Gambit/Thor team can win pretty much any match regardless of the 3rd, and MBW has the cheap stun. So it may be more amusement then trap.

Also, in Sim, most (not all) players are don’t care about trying to shield check, coordinate etc, other than at the end.  A lot just go for the 2k.  So don’t look for a lot of those teams anyway.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Answer is simple,  that stun
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's what he retals with. That person just farms Sim all season. I've frequently traded hits with him. 
    MBW is pretty good offensively with that stun since unless the opponent has an AoE they can't touch her. She never goes to the front on a match-3. And ThorBit doesn't really need a third anyway to win a match.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Wouldn't MBW move to the front on every blue match, though?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    maltyo9 said:
    A 1* will be less damage than a champed 5 even on off colors.  Thor is 85 on blue, max Juggs is 26 on green, his strongest.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    maltyo9 said: 
    A 1* will be less damage than a champed 5 even on off colors.  Thor is 85 on blue, max Juggs is 26 on green, his strongest.
    That's right, my bad.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    maybe this player wants the retal. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Also a good "trap cake"