Remove Ob Nixilis from the game

Ob is one of the worst game killers.
No Ob deck played by the AI ever won - but it costs a lot of time to play against it.
That is against the idea of this game I think.
I do want to play - and knowing I will win the game - but only after several minutes of tapping on my tablet is not really playing.

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that they've made it so Ob can't play his first with a full hand or his second if you don't have creatures, he's winning quite a bit. I had a race with one of the members of my alliance the other day -- my Ob vs his. I got my ult out a turn before him and won only because of that. 

But Ob can definitely beat you in the hands of brainy Greg. 
  • sutoLkcalB
    sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Ok - let me see if an Ob will ever win one game against my decks.
    But it still is annoying - because the "typical" Ob deck with lots of destroy creature cards is still capable of lengthen the game significantly. I do not make special decks against certain PW - so always playing with my standard decks. But still up to now no Ob deck won against any of my decks.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Ob decks are slow... And depends what format you are referring to.

If your frustration is related to Legacy, there are PLENTY of ways to destroy him.

If it's Standard... well, to be fair, there are a lot of nasty planeswalkers and decks out there. I have yet to see Ob as the most problematic. Nowadays he is especially easy also for blue decks thanks to being able to bounce his ultimate. And if you're not armed with support removal, you're doing it wrong.

Depends on your rank too I guess. In platinum I don't see him as often being used. 

His abilities are what makes him versatile, and a good tool in various events. But his mana gains balance him out quite nicely - especially in Standard. Maybe he's more frustrating now with smart-Greg because he match-5's, hence his handicap is less of an issue. Prior to brainy Greg I would face Ob decks that did pretty much nothing for prolong periods of time (when you generate 4 mana per turn... eh....).