Bamf! & Court Death

Options
With Thanos5 up as the next essential, can anyone answer if Nightcrawler will go airborne if Thanos is on your team and Court Death is triggered?  I am looking to find a good set of characters to pair him with (besides 5* Black Panther) and outside of healers, I was going to try Quake and Nightcrawler to mitigate AOE.  I'm just not sure if that will work or not.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    No. Stun part comes before the AOE. This means NC and Quake's passives won't work. 
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Are you suggesting Quake and Nightcrawler work with three star Thanos, due to lack of stun? Nightcrawler's power specifically calls for the damage to be from an enemy, so I'd think he shouldn't be able to dodge Court Death damage from a friendly Thanos.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just tested with both 3* and 5* Thanos.  Neither Nightcrawler nor Quake affect the team damage component of Court Death.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Thanks for the guidance. Appreciate it.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Powers don’t activate when the damage comes from your own team. For example you can’t trigger 3* captain marvel’s energy absorption, nor 3* hulk’s anger from court death or god-like power or similar. I also remember reading that friendly protect tiles don’t affect the amount of damage you take from your own team so even if 4* cage has put out some beefy protects, court death will do the same amount of damage to your other team members. Similarly enemy strikes don’t increase the damage you do to your own team. 

I think the point is that your powers, and also your special tiles, only affect damage from enemies and not ‘self’ damage. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    There are a few characters who can mitigate incoming 3* court death for themselves (vision, elektra, maybe Spider-Woman), but aside from being Airborne you can't really do anything about 5* court death. As previously mentioned, it's self-harm with a stun that resolves before the damage, so you're pretty much going to eat it.

Silver Surfer with the right covers is immune to stun, and Dr. Octopus 5* can take turns automatically while stunned if you have his blue with tentacle tiles on the board. And of course there's 5* Panther who does extra damage after recovering from a stun.