Favorite and Lease Favorite Battles

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Here are some of my best and worst experiences in MPQ. What are yours?

Favorites

• Behemoth Burrito - It's fun to use three specific people. I like the puzzle dynamic. I just wish there were more variety of enemies to fight... more than just Teen Jean.
  • Crash of the Titans - I really enjoy the one-on-one battles. They have a different strategy and puzzle dynamic. And often you get great prizes for winning them! I like the new Black Panther vs battles on his PVE as well.
  • Dat Required Character/The Big Enchilada - It's nice to win a character as a prize for having that character.
  • 5* Required Node - I have mixed feelings about this. It can be very challenging and time-consuming, but on the other hand, it's worth lots of points, and you win great prizes. Plus it's good to finally have a real reward for owning 5*s, and also it's not required to win all progression prizes for PVE. And it's relatively easy if your required 5* is already championed or at least has a lot of covers.
Middling

• Most PVE Nodes - I could take them or leave them. I like the fact that I can use the powerful 5*s to get through them quickly.
Least Favorite

• PVP Nodes - No matter what people do, there's always some sort of challenging meta that's annoying and wipes out my champion 5* team. I actually kind of miss Thanther, as Thorambit is much more powerful. Anyway the devs can nerf someone, but others will pop up. I'm not really sure how this can be solved. Because newer and better 5*s will keep coming out and getting championed, so that's just life. I pull through, but I don't like it!! I grit my teeth and use up health packs and power boosts!
  • Nodes where I can't use 5*s - Heh! I like the variety, but these nodes take forever to complete! Especially when they feature characters that don't have strong attack powers. This includes the three easy DDQ nodes and the loaner nodes on PVE.

So yeah, I mostly just like DDQ, the nodes where I can use 4* and 5* characters! I don't play much any more!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know those PvE hard nodes with Juggs, Ares, and <tinykitty> 2-star Bullseye? Yeah, I hate those. Or how about the ones with Moonstone, Rags, and <tinykitty> 2-star Bullseye? Yeah, I hate those too.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love - any nodes without Dark Avengers. 

Hate - any nodes with Dark Avengers. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I was expecting specific battles you liked but I see where you are coming from.  Your favorites are mine as well, the crash in particular was something I looked forward to when my 4*'s were in that 5-7 cover range where it was a challenge, but doable.  Now they are too easy so not as much. 
    I finish the other DDQ nodes while walking my dog each morning, pretty quick and no issue for me.  The nodes I like the least are the ones that are just rehashes of the previous pve nodes just at a higher level.  Gets old when you have to beat the exact same team 12+ times in a day
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    PVE loaner nodes that I have to do 5 times at the end of the PVE clear to get all the rewards with characters that have no synergy together. Ugh!
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    rixmith said:
    PVE loaner nodes that I have to do 5 times at the end of the PVE clear to get all the rewards with characters that have no synergy together. Ugh!

I've never understood this.  You want me to collect these characters.  You want me to care about them more than the 150 characters I already have on my roster.  You want me to be excited about collecting them.  You want me to play more to get more chances to randomly receive them or pour extra time into the game so I'm rewarded with them.  You even want me to spend money on the game for more chances to get this shiny new character...

So why not show them off in a way that puts them in their best light??  Give them some synergy so I can see what they're capable of.

"PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: NICO MINORU"

Marvel.com: Let’s talk teammates. Who does Nico fight best with?

Josh Austin: The team suggests characters that create Special tiles.

Players: Great!  Can you pair her with a couple of essentials that create special tiles?

MPQ: You get Electra and Storm.  Electra makes special tiles that suck.  Enjoy.  And pay money.  Now.  More than you have been.  Development is expensive.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Favorite: 4* PVP, Specialty PVP (like Balance of Power or Combine Arms), Shield Sim, PVE when I have more than one boosted 4* champed.
    Middle:  PVE without the Dark Avengers, 3* PVP with the 10 or so 3* characters I like.
    Least:  Most 3* PVP
    Gouge my eyes out:  PVE with Dark Avengers
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I hate the node with the Inhumans -- Medusa, Black Bolt & Lockjaw.  And the one with Rogue, Gambit & whoever.