Do you think there will be a change in PVP next season?

Addaran
Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Do you think they'll either make a change to the way progression/placement are given, to the reward themselves or the way MMR works?
The answers are all in two part, a) will they change it  and b) if you think there needs to be a change or you like it as it is.

Do you think there will be a change in PVP next season? 66 votes

Yes and i want to see a change
9%
SandmakerJabrony_GeoffScreen MonkeyHistamielAddaranZolom 6 votes
Yes but i don't want to see a change
4%
evade420Foxrangelkk3thess 3 votes
No and i don't want to see a change
33%
PorkBellyslaxer723acescrackedDartmaster01ZeroKarmaTiggidaHendrossCT1888DaichesthisoneLukoilPiro_plockOrionThe rockettBruinsfan17JHawkIncKevmcgCharlieCrokerOldManWolvsshartattack 22 votes
No but i want to see a change
53%
Dragon_NexusMattR42KolencerixmithT_REZ5000wymtimeferaldayorUNC_SamuraiTrilateralusudonomefootiomonoMoosePrimeOver__FlowTony_FootmotownjunkieSNKAllenFelessaDyingLegendPants1000ChattyWhacker 35 votes
Others?
0%

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't get your hopes up.  Expect nothing and be surprised if we get something.
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Personally, i hate how point-based work. That you keep falling down and that you can reach a point where all effort is wasted, because you lose quicker then you gain. And the way season work, You might get very high in shield or one of the PVP at one point, but then you drop and that's what is counted for the season. Getting 400 progression on 10 PVP events should give you the heroic 10-pack. But if you lose some matches after reaching 400, you don't get the 10-pack.

The other side i hate is the MMR. When you reach a certain number of points, people with way higher roasters see you and you get ganked. Of course the guy with three lvl 450  5* can beat my mostly 3* roaster...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, but it's been months since wins based was unceremoniously pulled with no clear indication what will happen with it.  I was hoping for something different each season open.  I've realized it's better to assume it's coming back vs being crestfallen ever new season...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has there been even a hint from the developers that either of these things (MMR, reward structure) have changes coming? Ever since the win-based progression rewards proved unpopular with all the right people, I assumed we'd never see it again. Even though all they needed was a couple minor tweaks to make it successful - a few less wins and some kind of CP reward added back in - the developers didn't seem willing to go that way.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like a change, but I'm not entirely sure what I want the change to be; now that my roster is stronger, I'm better able to deal with PVP as it is currently structured, but I feel like there is some significant room for improvement somewhere.

I really liked win-based progression while it was happening, because it meant i could definitely put in the work for a 4* if i wanted to, but now that my roster is stronger, I do appreciate the value of tackling harder fights that are "worth" more than easy ones. The way MMR treats me now, it just feels so artificial that I can't queue up any matches worth more than 18-20 points after i break 800, then after i do one or two (fast enough), i am suddenly given more 30+ pt targets. 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    We would see off season experiments before any new win based system is introduced to a season. So no I vote no for untested season changes.
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Bring back wins 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone said:
    We would see off season experiments before any new win based system is introduced to a season. So no I vote no for untested season changes.
    Exactly this. I'm all for off-season tests. I'd even be down for variations (longer off-seasons, or mini-seasons like the Infinity Season they've done before to let us have off seasons more frequently for different tests).

But we need new tests on the small scale before we go back to new tests on the large scale.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love some kind of change. As it is now I find versus to be very frustrating. Not impossible but needlessly frustrating.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I wish they lock out 5* in PvP for players still in 3* land and below. Because it's not fun losing due to match damage. They could unlock it after they have champed 2 or 3 4*.

Secondly, I wish they could make it less attractive for those players using characters 2 times more powerful level to attack much weaker teams. It could be challenging coding-wise but cap the points gained won by teams that are 2 times much stronger than their opponent to not more than 5 to 10 points.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted no because I don’t think they will change.  In the survey released today I voted for a change to PVP rewards and suggested win based for progression 30 wins for the 4*.
    then final points instead of placement so if you score over 1200 points you get top 10 placement.  1400+ top 5 and then reward the number one person with an extra bonus.  I would also increase the CP by CL’s to get more people into their highest slice.  Lastly I would keep along an extra rewards the same.  

I truly think PVP needs to be some sort of hybrid and I think trying to make either or is too tough from a system requirements.  I think we are still a couple seasons out before any changes come though.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    The only thing i would change would be to make pvp rewards commensurate with pve rewards.  I would like additional progression rewards to fill in the gaps between 900-1200 and 1200+.  also--season rewards between 4k and 10k is a wasteland, and there is nothing at all after 10k. 
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I want to see a change because i simply dont understand how the mmr system works. My 3 best characters are at 3*s @166 (unchamped). And i routinely see champed 3 star teams that are anywhere from 10-30 levels higher (unboosted) and occasionally see teams with 4* champs on them. Like, im ok w a challenge but im never gonna beat a team w 5thanos, im40 champed+ and 3mags champed+ w my current squad. And on top of it even if i could beat that team i would get like 31 points for it. 

Ive only been playing for about 50 days but it needs a real overhaul imo
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm good. Thanks!
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Indeed I do think there will be a change. It'll be up in the top left corner. Every time you pay 10 ISO to skip to the next Medusa/Rocket & Groot/Gamora the name in that box will change!
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I expect nothing to change, though I desperately want Gambit to take a beating the way XFW and OML did.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Hopefully, alliance involvement is almost non existent.
    Only 6 to 7 members play pvp. Change is long overdue.