Vraska - Legacy Theorycrafting / Deckbuilding

System
System Posts: 1,024 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: Gishath,Sun’s Avtar doesn’t work [Devs Aware].

Comments

• NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    What is the best theoretical legacy deck you can come up with for the new planeswalker, now that we finally have a B/G combination?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    [MOD NOTE] Edited title for clarification from official PW thread [//MOD NOTE]
  • NinjaE
    Thanks!
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    I don't have her yet, but I'm itching to try a Gaea's Revenge-reanimator deck. Basically, Gather the Pack and/or Behold the Beyond (I don't have the latter sadly) to get a bunch of Gaea's Revenges into your graveyard (GR needs to be the only creature in the deck), then use Dark Petition and Necromantic Summons (significantly less of a wildcard than Dubious Challenge) to cheat them into play for cheap. Even if your opponent does manage to deal with GR somehow, you can always just reanimate it again.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    @bken1234 why did NinjaE's post about theorycrafting legacy decks for Vraska get merged into a bug thread about Gishath? :/
  • bk1234
    @Stormcrow
    I don't know how it got moved, the last I saw the thread was this morning when I changed the name to draw more posters in. Thanks so much for pointing this out!

@NinjaE -- I have moved this thread back where it belongs -- sorry about any inconvenience. 

[MOD NOTE] Thread was merged into bugs and technical issues -- split and restored to appropriate board [//MOD NOTE]
  • NinjaE
    @Stormcrow  I really like the reanimation idea - thanks!
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Reason/Believe would make this work even better, especially with some discard added in.
  • bk1234
    I'm having trouble with this because I want to use my 2 new pirates, Admiral Beckett Brass and Hostage Taker, but I want to use old cards as well. The best I can come up with right now is a deck with Season's Past, Transgress the Mind and To the Slaughter -- along with the two pirates the regular standard cards REx, Reason / Believe, etc. I would really appreciate some legacy ideas to make the most of her abilities and my two new pirates that aren't so basic and boring. 
  • NinjaE

What about something using demonic pact and doubling down on her 3rd ability? That would give a lot of board control.

• Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    This is my Vraska deck:

Creatures (4):
    Hostage Taker
    Dire Fleet Poisoner
    Forerunner of the Coalition
    Shefet Monitor

Spells (4):
    Hour of Promise
    Vraska's Contempt
    Mastermind's Acquisition
    Nissa's Revelation

Support (2):
    Cruel Reality
    Nissa's Pilgrimage

With Forerunner and the other two pirates I got neat little package to handle opponents creatures. Especially Hostage Taker shines with all that ramp. Shefet Monitor is for ramping and gets me pretty fast to the second PW ability.

HoP and Contempt should be clear. Mastermind's Acquisition is extremely strong and gets me bomb.I'm not sure of Nissa's Revelation. it's is more like a filler at the moment though.

Crueal Reality is just a strong card and Nissa'S Pilgrimage helps me with exploring and ramping.

Main goal is to get Vraskas second ability out and start casting spells and exploring while Dire Fleet Poisener gets creatures out of the way. Forerunner can be chained though to make some extra damage.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    My favorite Vraska legacy at the moment:

Behold The Beyond
    Rishkar's Expertise
    -Those two cards alone are very powerful, they let you cast your whole hand a lot of times.

Gaea's Revenge
    Desolation Twin
    -Two really powerful creatures that are great as soon as they hit the board.

Journey To Eternity
    Gather The Pack
    Dark Petition
    God Pharaoh's Gift
    Reason
    -These cards all help to cheat your creatures out.

Free slot:
    Right now I'm using Cartouche of Strength at the moment to give GR trample. But you can throw in a kill spell or something else that you like.