Spider-Woman Seeking Redemption - Exploding Tech

MoosePrime
MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
Spider-Woman's Seeking Redemption doesn't block damage from the Exploding Tech hazard tiles.

I put one out right before the Exploding Tech hazard tile expired, and when it counted down, it did full damage to Spider-Woman.  The Seeking Redemption tile did block all the damage from the resulting cascade.

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    The Exploding Tech tiles are broken. Powers that add damage to a character that takes damage (not via Strike tiles, just "add damage") do not add damage when Exploding Tech tiles count down.

Protect Tiles also do not prevent damage but I think that's working as intended because the wording for a Protect tile says "...each enemy attack does xx less damage." and Exploding Tech tiles are not considered "enemy attacks".
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Unfortunately, I think the Seeking Redemption issue is not a bug. The power specifies "targeted attacks" and the hazard tiles don't fit that definition. Since the tiles are "neutral" they are not owned by either team, so the damage would not be considered targeted, or even an attack.

I would guess the "add damage" issue is probably similar, although that could actually be considered a bug because the wording of those powers (e.g. Panther's Prey, Sonar Strike) does not specify that the damage has to come from an opponent attack.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it was the "targeted attack" wording in Seeking Redemption that gave me pause about it being a bug when it doesn't avoid/mitigate the damage from Exploding Tech.

Elektra's Shadow Step tiles do work on them though, as in Elektra doesn't take damage from the explosion, her trap tile is removed, and damage (from the trap) is then dealt to the lead enemy.