Have you ever wondered ...

Options
Unknown
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
If the relatively poor AI is augmented by "lucky" tile drops?

I am not a believer in conspiracy theories, so I am automatically denying my own premise, however sometimes you need to vent, and after having my entire team wiped out in the Thor event TWICE IN A ROW by the simple fact the AI had a constant cascade of red, yellow and green tiles drop into the board chaining repeatedly from a simple 3 tile match towards the bottom of the board allowing a huge pool of AP to collect and then wipe me off the face of the earth with Thors various abilities.

I nearly hurled my phone across the room, and it is made even more frustrating by the opposition being exceedingly average (read average as cstorm and thor + some random other which are the decks I typically seek out for being stupidly easy to kill).

I was happily denying the AI the colours it needed while beating it down and then in the space of 2 turns BAM! flood of free AP that could not be predicted or stopped and I am getting hit for 2k or 5k by thors boosted powers /sigh. I will point out it wasn't just some freak string once, it got two turns each time of crazy **** chains falling in from nowhere.

OK rant over, but it does make you wonder if the AI gets any help icon_eek.gif

Comments

• No. It doesn't.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    Haven't wondered it once.

I just had a game where I started with roughly 11 tightly packed yellow tiles. Two quick Extra move + crits, one Thor special, match over without the AI playing a single move.

This happens to me far more often than the AI getting a lucky cascade.

It's like poker. Bad beats will happen, and you will remember them more poignantly. But unless you suck, any fantasy of the game being tilted is just that, a fantasy.
  • As I said, I don't believe in conspiracy theories, so I don't believe the game is unfair, just venting, it can be incredibly frustrating at times lol
  • too much thinking won't do you any good. just play for fun
  • Aleatory wrote:
    As I said, I don't believe in conspiracy theories, so I don't believe the game is unfair, just venting, it can be incredibly frustrating at times lol

You're not the first to think so, so don't feel bad. It has been a common complaint since. The first PQ. But from what the devs of the original have said (and IceIX has confirmed it is the same here), the AI is FAR to primitive to do anything like that. It's human nature to remember the times when we get screwed and not remember the times when the rng swings in our favor.