Which color has the best / coolest powers?

kk3thess
kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
It's a weird and nonsense question, but I'd always like to know which color powers the players like the most or think that they have the best abilities.

Which color has the best / coolest powers? 67 votes

Red
10%
MattR42Arctic_OneSlothkinsOldManWolvsSpace DwarfMomo988ABaker84 7 votes
Green
13%
TiggidaRemcoLokiFelessashadowyoshi[Deleted User]TeamStewieRod5TPF AlexisRogue4Lyfe 9 votes
Blue
22%
sirwookieechrisaesthetocystPunisher5784mattonlineOrionAlfje17Screen MonkeyBubba3210Nikita-KBorstockMonotoneShintok17ZolomHoundofShadowskittledaddy 15 votes
Yellow
2%
ZootSaxPyram7 2 votes
Purple
25%
YasuruCaptainFreakyTrilateralusDoc LLXSandmanthisonePolarPopBearLLohmevade420drkempChattyWhackerMETT-T dependentBig10InchPtahhotepMrKotletMacEiferkk3thess 17 votes
Black
25%
Kolencesinnerjflzulux21ContinuedClockzeddicusvinnygeckoaziraphale[Deleted User]KevmcgMr BaconDyingLegendPokemaniac1000marshallelko90Polly_P1madoctorgmtosca 17 votes

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blue
    I'm going blue.  It has such a great range of effects from stuns (MBW, Gamora), heal (Surfer), damage + tile conversion (Mordo, 4Cyclops),  board manipulation/shake (IM46, Quake), special tile creation (IW, 4Punisher, 3R&G, Beast), AP steal (Nightcrawler, Wasp), and even really bad AoE attacks (IM40, Quicksilver).
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Purple
    Purple. Aggressive recon, Raging Cajun, Psychic Rapport, Mind over Matter, Whales, Deceptive Tactics, Polarity Shift and many more.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    Espionage, Healing & Heat, Anger, Exquisite Technique, Full Blast, Surgical Strike, Court Death, Stacked Deck, etc.
    i know you weren't listing all, but circling prey, photonic barrage and penance stare,,,,
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Orion said:
    I'm going blue.  It has such a great range of effects from stuns (MBW, Gamora), heal (Surfer), damage + tile conversion (Mordo, 4Cyclops),  board manipulation/shake (IM46, Quake), special tile creation (IW, 4Punisher, 3R&G, Beast), AP steal (Nightcrawler, Wasp), and even really bad AoE attacks (IM40, Quicksilver).
    All of those listed and no mention of Peggy’s blue?  Peggy’s blue is one of my favorites. Use it at the right time when she’s boosted and it’s a 3-turn team stun that does 50k+ damage.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Purple
    Was torn between purple and yellow and now I wish I’d gone yellow just so it could get some love. 
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Purple
    OJSP said:
    Espionage, Healing & Heat, Anger, Exquisite Technique, Full Blast, Surgical Strike, Court Death, Stacked Deck, etc.
    Some good moves here but I’m surprised you listed Anger. Although it is hands down Hulk’s best move that just highlights how badly his power set has aged. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is like asking which Spider-Man costume is better. The classic red and blues? Or the black suit. Actually, this question is nothing like that... other than they're both tough to answer!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellow
    Was torn between purple and yellow and now I wish I’d gone yellow just so it could get some love. 

I actually went with yellow, not because they're the most powerful powers, pound-for-pound, but rather because there's some rather unique/niche powers that can be game-changing, but are also rather situational...which makes it a fun color for me  There's the wide range of yellow passives to build a team around (Peggy, Quake, Carol), there's a variety of heals (too many to list), there's "do damage when you're in serious danger of defeat"  (2* Storm, who's yellow saved me in Gauntlet in my 1*/2* days on many occasions, 3* Spider-Man), there's tile buffing (Wasp, Carol, 3* Falcon), call for help (Kingpin, Fury, Coulson, 5* Cap, 5* Iron Man), generate special tiles (4* Sam Wilson, Ant-Man, 3* Panther, AP generation (Iron Man, 1*/3* Storm, Coulson, Cloak&Dagger) and even the ability to pass your turn without shaking the board (Squirrel Girl).  

That being said, with so many characters and only six colors, every color has it's own range of really good powers, so it's interesting so see other people's perspectives/priorities...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,520 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Blue
    I went with blue; Peggy, Wasp, Riri, Iceman, both Mags, Mordo, Ant-Man, Spidey... Really useful when you need to play prevent. 

Could have easily gone black, though. Giggity. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blue
    I'm currently in 3* land. Based on my memory, the most common colour that I use are:

Blue: Dr Strange, Magneto, Hawkeye, Steve Rogers, QuikSilver, Daken

Purple: Deadpool, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Dr Strange , Daken

• zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Black
    My vote black. For one simple reason. Electra shadow step. Both three and four star. I have been playing around with it in the recent PvP event. I have used Carol Danvers black twice and iron man 40 red twice, same battle, totaling around 44k damage, but it is negated. Electra still stood, had to lose a lot of battles to get the one that allowed it to be done. I understand all other colors have their merits. Not sure if any has this type ability, under right circumstance. Please enlighten me if I have missed any abilities, thank you
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously blue is the coolest color. Harhar.

(Funny how we associate the higher energy end of the visual spectrum with being cool....oh well.)
    Hmm, it seems some beg to differ :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2278871/

KGB

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Black
    Orange is the New Black.

Photonic Barrage, Court Death, Espionage, Daken heal, G4mora, Full Blast, LC/IF combo (both 3/4), Energy Channeling, Stacked Deck, Vulture, Overdrive, Looking for trouble, Penance stare, Surgical strike, MaxPun, Anger
  • Big10Inch
    Big10Inch Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Purple
    Har har, love how none of the colors match up - how can it be anything other than purple? Purple gives you Whales.

I mean come on,  Whales!!!!