MPQ at Marvel.com (Shuri - Master Engineer) (2/21/18)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Hi Everyone - 
Shuri makes her way into Marvel Puzzle Quest!
Check out 4-Star Shuri (Master Engineer) - HERE!

Tagged:

Comments

• y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "The event runs between February 22 and 27 and has been tweaked a bit from the first run of the event to improve play."
    intriguing. do go on :)
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So her abilities go well with 4* Black Panther (no surprise), but she shares 2 colors with him (also not too surprising). Fortunately, one of the shared colors is her passive.

Also, "[Fight for Wakanda] ... has been tweaked a bit from the first run of the event to improve play" is great sounding news, but we need details.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting skill set for sure. Her passive lowers friendly ability costs and raises them for the enemy team. That's the best abilities of 4* Starlord and Peggy combined. (though conditional)

Thinking about a 5* Hawkeye and Coulson pairing. If Hawk fortifies enough tiles to lower the cost of his arrows by 2, it's pretty much over.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice! Really looking forward to getting to play with Shuri!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shuri's abilities look awesome, especially AP lowering ability.  The weird thing is, I think I saw Shuri's picture somewhere before in this forum, before this was posted. Am I having Deja vu or have I mistaken American Chavez for her? I envy those in 4* lands because you have a number of characters to synergize with Shuri. I wonder what 3* would work with her?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shuri's abilities look awesome, especially AP lowering ability.  The weird thing is, I think I saw Shuri's picture somewhere before in this forum, before this was posted. Am I having Deja vu or have I mistaken American Chavez for her? I envy those in 4* lands because you have a number of characters to synergize with Shuri. I wonder what 3* would work with her?
    It'll depend on on how many tiles she fortifies, but Storm + Shuri might be a good match. Cast Storm's black, then Shuri's red. With Shuri's passive, you'll can fire off Storm's black for 6 ap and her yellow too.

Shuri/IM40/Strange would also be good. Iron Man feeds Shuri's red and green and Strange's blue. Fire her red, her passive lowers the cost of Strange's blue to 6 ap, you can now stun 2 characters! If you keep the forfeited tiles on board when Iron Man unstuns himself, you can fire his yellow for 3 ap.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    It'll depend on on how many tiles she fortifies, but Storm + Shuri might be a good match. Cast Storm's black, then Shuri's red. With Shuri's passive, you'll can fire off Storm's black for 6 ap and her yellow too.

Shuri/IM40/Strange would also be good. Iron Man feeds Shuri's red and green and Strange's blue. Fire her red, her passive lowers the cost of Strange's blue to 6 ap, you can now stun 2 characters! If you keep the forfeited tiles on board when Iron Man unstuns himself, you can fire his yellow for 3 ap.
    Shuri fortifies basic tiles along with specials
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let’s see. In 4* zone, MEH and Mr. F maximize fortified tiles while also providing full rainbow coverage with no AP overlap. Not the best collection of characters. A 5/5/3 C4ge is probably the best 4* partner to ask for, although you need a better way to produce friendly specials so you can use her redg before his yellow for a massive boost to that damage he do. Maybe just Shuri and P4nther to support a third with fortified tile spam to trigger her cost reduction. That’s yellow, blue, red, green actives. Best third is... Goblin really for the other two actives along with protecting P4nther’s Repeater. And for 4*s, probably Cloak and Dagger spamming free special tiles for Shuri to fortify and maybe use Cloak’s CD to neuter a dangerous enemy.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Will be interesting to find out if her enemy AP increase stacks with Peggy's
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Let’s see. In 4* zone, MEH and Mr. F maximize fortified tiles while also providing full rainbow coverage with no AP overlap. Not the best collection of characters. A 5/5/3 C4ge is probably the best 4* partner to ask for, although you need a better way to produce friendly specials so you can use her redg before his yellow for a massive boost to that damage he do. Maybe just Shuri and P4nther to support a third with fortified tile spam to trigger her cost reduction. That’s yellow, blue, red, green actives. Best third is... Goblin really for the other two actives along with protecting P4nther’s Repeater. And for 4*s, probably Cloak and Dagger spamming free special tiles for Shuri to fortify and maybe use Cloak’s CD to neuter a dangerous enemy.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't Think Shuri has any particular need for special tiles to fortify - if there are no friendly special tiles around she will just fortify basic tiles. I Think she and C4ge could work decently on their own since Shuri can put out fortified tiles that boosts C4ge's yellow damage. It gets a lot better with special tiles on the board though.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think this character is amazing. She's somewhere in the top 3 of 4*s.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think this character is amazing. She's somewhere in the top 3 of 4*s.
    Wow! And you allready know this without seeing any numbers!? ..Your good!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I love the animation on her red, it reminds me of the hologram special cards in the old Marvel Universe trading card sets from the 90s. Great job, art team! 

I wonder if Vibranium Tech, with it's conditional dependence on shielded specials and added bonus of reducing friendly power cost will jump her up over Peggy's health-based Legendary Presence? Is Legendary Presence going to stack with Vibranium Tech, for a potential maximum AP cost increase of 7?!

She seems like she'd pair very will with C4ge/Hobofist to me, since Fist can start laying out shielded specials very quickly with his blue and C4ge can do a bunch more on yellow. The question would then be if Vibranium Virtuoso is a better choice than Buncha Fiddle Faddle. Might be situational. 
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How about 4* Black Panther, Shuri and Cloak and Dagger? Use C&D to feed BP yellow for his repeaters then switch her back to making attack tiles that Shuri can fortify. Shuri should also be able to keep C&D's purple power costing 3AP regardless of board color count. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    zodiac339 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't Think Shuri has any particular need for special tiles to fortify - if there are no friendly special tiles around she will just fortify basic tiles. I Think she and C4ge could work decently on their own since Shuri can put out fortified tiles that boosts C4ge's yellow damage. It gets a lot better with special tiles on the board though.
    No, she can fortify basic tiles too. C4ge does only work with fortified friendly tiles though, not fortified basic tiles.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Options
    so I managed to get the blue from the shield training and I wanted to test to see if her AP reduction would stack with starlord.

it does. and since her red makes fortified tiles regardless if there are special tiles or not once you get her to 5/3/5 it won't be that hard to to get both active at once. Now just to figure out what characters could be a lot of fun with their powers reduced by 5 (or black by 3) I was thinking 4* cyclops could be fun with his blue move only costing 3 :P

though logically another test with a higher covered one to make sure it goes to 4 would make sense before it's confirmed 100%
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Can you test to see if it stacks with C4rol's  Peggy's AP cost increase as well?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Interesting synergy with Medusa: if you use Shuri's red to shield Medusa's Entanglement countdown, when you match it away, it creates the attack tiles but the countdown persists to be matched again.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting synergy with Medusa: if you use Shuri's red to shield Medusa's Entanglement countdown, when you match it away, it creates the attack tiles but the countdown persists to be matched again.
    This has always been the case with Medusa's Entanglement countdown. If you team her with 5* HE or GG, they will fortify the countdown allowing you to match it twice.