Live PVP Meta

Straycat
Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
First, let me say that I do not want live pvp. I don't think it would be fun. The AI is bad so we are used to winning every match, live pvp would be infuriating. Whoever gets the first turn and a friendly board could win.
My question tho, what do you think the meta team would be against live opponents? I imagine the team would be Mockingbird, Vulture, and Jean Grey. It would stop match 5*s, mostly prevent match 4*s, and Vulture is annoying enough as is. Think they would unseat Grocket Gamora Medusa in this hypothetical mode?

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Live pvp would>>>>current they could keep both with Live offering better rewards per win.

Capcom puzzle fighter does this well currently. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    meta really depends on lb scoring more than actual opponents.  There are enough characters in the game that any combination including gambits can be beaten.  you just make trade off on health packs vs time etc..
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would much prefer live PvP if done right.  Having the challenge be about getting the highest win percentage rather than having the most time on your hands, most HP for shields, or most willingness to coordinate shield hops would be preferable to me.   Now if it's not done right it would pretty much stay the same with people abandoning matches they intend to loss or win trading with each other...
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Live PvP would not be good. You would end up having to use boosts every match. Not to mention both teams would get shredded, so you'd need to buy health packs to compete high end.

• 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Sounds like some players fear competitive play. I love competitive play. 
    At times I feel bad for winning against the Ai and thinking to myself, “oh man I’m glad the Ai didn’t make that match over there, I need that AP.”
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If live PvP goes ahead, I hope they disable team-up or ap boost to make it a fairer match. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only good thing about any potential live PVP is that I would be able to decline matches, and wouldn't lose hundreds of points in any final climb.  Then again, finding opponents might be problematic...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    If matches were live, they'd be more competitive, both sides would lose more health, you'd burn through more health packs, and you'd have people declining matches (or not queueing up to start them) because they were out of health, which would result in almost no matches to play. And on top of that, all fights would take longer (smarter opponent, and even with a time limit you'd never have an opponent who played as quickly as AI).

Sounds like an exercise in futility more than anything else.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    I bought the PS4 version of MPQ a couple years ago back when it came out.  It had live PVP, I tried to play it a few times but never managed to find a match.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Guys guys girls, if they were to create this PvP system, it would definitely not be like the PvP system already in place. The Devs would definitely have to create some way to get around health packs, pvp scoring, team ups, and challenge requests. I am so for this new idea, this new system may change the whole game completely. I am so down to destroy opponents and I would love to see how they would go about this; plus would love to reel in the prizes(if offered). Lol
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I have a hard time seeing how this would work for prizes. I agree it might be fun in short bursts, but more as exhibition play against your buddies. It is not like Chess or Backgammon. Those games have clearly defined rules and no external influence on the board.  The winner in a human vs. human contest would rely too much on the luck of what matches dropped and the resulting cascades.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Right, I don't think live pvp would work without some kind of change. Whoever gets the first turn would have too much advantage if they have a friendly board. Which is why I think Jean Grey would be essential. Also think anti stun characters like 5* Widow and Surfer might get more play. I just think going against a smart opponent would change up your strategy more.