PVE scaling, competition.

limit SC selection, based on level. I am level 89 and have no business in SC7, or even 8.  Although you decrease points per match do not stop leveling the opponent. After the points start going down just level by 10 points every time instead of 25, but continue leveling. This will stop tapping. I realize that I will never place as high as those clearly in 5* land on PVE, but should I really be able to?  Plus the challenge of taking on level 700 goons would make it interesting for most rosters. Level 500 goons make me rethink who I play and how, adding some change and fun to the game.

Comments

• Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Just an idea for PVE change.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I'm currently rank 88, and I would prefer that SCLs gate your characters, not players. Establish level caps for SCs, that way you are targeting a player's roster rather than a player in total. If I max champ a bunch of 3*s and then sell them, I'll probably be in a very high shield level even though my roster is not "powerful" enough to compete at the events I'm gated to simply by looking at my rank. This allows low shield rank players to use low covered/leveled versions of the characters they get from champ rewards, daily progression, or early Legendary pulls, but it doesn't allow max-champ whales to swoop down and steal their thunder.

I can barely play SCL9 unless i luck out on who is boosted, or the 5* is 5* Lord who is my highest covered at 2/1/3. SCL 8 is do-able, but not fun and takes me 3X as long to clear just for progression. I tend to casually play in SCL 7 for quality of life purposes, happily finishing in the top 50 for the hp. If you locked me in to SCL9, I would not be a happy camper.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem is that Shield Rank isn't actually a very good measure of roster strength. I'm Shield Rank 100, but can only really handle SCL9 when the boost list is just about perfect for me. 7-8 is a much better fit, and I sometimes even drop down to 6 if I don't have the Featured 5* and don't need the 4* Progression cover.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please no to the SCLs gating characters.  SR ranks are shockingly low for each SCL IMO.  If there's an adjustment to be made I would think as the OP said that's where it should be.  But at this point that would probably meet with some rage.

I'd expect SCL10 will eventually come out and then sometime after that they might rebalance the SR required for each level to account for growth in the system since it's inception (and it was shocking low at inception...)

I probably should replace I expect with I hope...
  • Polly_P1
    Those are good points.  A better way to rank determine roster strength would help. I recently did an SC 8 event and was shocked to see all of the top spots where players with multiple champed 5 stars.  But did y’all like the idea of continuing to increase enemy strength after every win?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polly_P1 said:
    Those are good points.  A better way to rank determine roster strength would help. I recently did an SC 8 event and was shocked to see all of the top spots where players with multiple champed 5 stars.  But did y’all like the idea of continuing to increase enemy strength after every win?
    That won't discourage tapping.
    In the current PVE the all goon nodes could be level 50000 and you still could tap them.

Multiply scores by 100, make tapping not lucrative. Been suggested multiple times. Crickets.
  • Polly_P1
    You don’t have to win to tap?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be curious what the experience of a player that is coming up in the game after the changes to how XP was earned feels about their available shield clearance level and it's attendant difficulty. Those of us who have been around for the entirety of Shield Ranks, who were going up ranks just for green-checking nodes with no bearing on how strong our rosters actually were, are probably going to eventually become oddities. That's probably why we are all looking at those starter and mid-tier packs, and the shield ranks that were suggested to go with them going "wow, that low?"