Can We Please Have a Beta Release for Rivals of Ixalan?

Options
jtwood
jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
Ixalan is so very, very buggy. And not just the cards. Even the game infrastructure seems to be experiencing new and various bugs that appeared with the Ixalan release. I am sure a good portion of us are reasonable people and understand that the switch to Oktagon was unplanned and probably happened suboptimally (to put it politely). Problems were expected, and I think we can suck it up a bit in return for knowing that the game is transitioning to better hands in the long term.

But if problems like this were to happen again with the Rivals release, I would venture a bet that it would be catastrophic.

In order to hedge that risk, would it be possible to have a public beta period that would give us the ability to assist with identifying bugs before they hit production?

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll have what he's having
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Options
    That's an interesting idea. I've seen it before, but only for larger scale games. I wonder if they have the resources to set up and manage a separate beta server that allows player access?
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They have assured us that there's a well-qualified team that already does this.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They have assured us that there's a well-qualified team that already does this.

And they have a cameo on this card:

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, that was mean and uncalled for...

Unfortunately it's far too easy to mean when people are faceless, nameless and there's a strong suspicion they don't really exist.

My apologies to the _real_ testers who are undoubtedly far more handsome and/or pretty than that card, because they really are trying to wrestle lightning right now.

I'm a professional tester and I totally grok the extreme difficulty of trying to balance all the different levels of intent and implementation while under the cruel eye of a vicious pirate overlord.

(From now on I shall find pictures for all my posts, it improves the metaphors substantially!)

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Ok, that was mean and uncalled for...

Unfortunately it's far too easy to mean when people are faceless, nameless and there's a strong suspicion they don't really exist.

My apologies to the _real_ testers who are undoubtedly far more handsome and/or pretty than that card, because they really are trying to wrestle lightning right now.

I'm a professional tester and I totally grok the extreme difficulty of trying to balance all the different levels of intent and implementation while under the cruel eye of a vicious pirate overlord.

(From now on I shall find pictures for all my posts, it improves the metaphors substantially!)

Hey I think I found them

httpnerdistcomwp-contentuploads201711MTGUST_PICjpg

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby do you know if this is a possibility? would you be able to find out for us?
    after seeing all the bugs with RtO that could be ironed out by having a beta...