At the beginning of every turn (except the first)

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

(Could be classed as a suggestion, but I think this is a bug.)

3* Iron Fist's Exquisite Technique - "At the beginning of every turn, if there are no friendly Attack tiles, create a strength x Green Attack tile".

3* Luke Cage's Unbreakable - "At the beginning of every turn, if there are no friendly Protect tiles, Luke creates a strength x Red Protect tile".

Of course, that's not at the beginning of your first turn.  Powers like these trigger only before the opponent's first turn, for them.  Yours have to wait until the beginning of your second turn to trigger.

It's never been fixed, the text has never been changed, my guess is that it's always been too hard.  But now we have a newish game mechanic "At the start of the battle".

4* Rocket & Groot's Welcome to the Team - "At the start of the battle create 5 strength x Strike tiles".

It's not impossible that it's a one-off, and so couldn't be applied to a repeating power on the same colour.  But enter...

4* Hulk's Grand Entrance - "At the start of the battle, destroy x random tiles.  At the start of the turn, swap 1 random pair of tiles".

So, can we please have all current and future "At the beginning of every turn" powers also be set to fire "At the start of the battle".

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wouldn't that be just as hard as the original problem?

By that I mean the defensive player (AI) would in effect fire twice in the first round (once at battle start and once at start of their turn). For powers like Cage/Fist it's not a big deal because the tile only gets placed once. But for something like Hood/Gambit AP gen/steal (or Kraven's reducing strikes laid by Grocket) those would proc twice in the first turn.

Also I like the fact that if I happen to get a match 5 cascade type thing that I can kill or stun Cage/Fist etc before they place their annoying tile.

KGB
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    There's obviously a "Start of the Battle" phase because passives that resolve at the Start of the Battle do resolve at the start of the battle.

The problem/bug is that passives which resolve at the "Start of the Turn" do NOT resolve at the start of the player's very first turn.

If this were fixed - and I use "fixed" because when a power that is supposed to resolve at the start of your turn does not resolve at the start of your first turn, but DOES resolve at the start of your opponent's turn, that IS a broken mechanic - if this were fixed I don't foresee the problem KGB is concerned about because the game clearly knows how to distinguish between powers that resolve at the start of the battle, and those which resolve at the start of the turn.

If this was fixed MEHulk's passive would fire twice at the start of the Player's first turn, but that's what should happen because MEHUlk has two passives; one which resolves at the start of the battle, and one which resolves at the start of every turn.

So if passives were working properly, what should happen is the Player MEHulk's start of the battle passive should resolve, then before the Player gets their turn the AI MEHulk's start of the battle passive should resolve, then the Player MEHulk's start of the turn passive should resolve, the Player would have their turn, then at the start of the AI's turn the AI MEHulk's start of the turn passive should resolve. That is what should happen.