Tired of 4* Medusa/Rocket/Gamora

gentgeen
gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
Tired of seeing, tired of playing it, tired of fighting it !!!!  Just tired of it (Since I'm talking about all three, I am referring to SHIELD SIMULATOR :-D   )

Can't seem to go more than 4 matches in the SIM before I see this team, and at that point you can't skip, cause you just keep seeing it over and over and over.  

Playing as this team has gotten incredibly boring.  It is basically "Knock out 1 person while getting 6 blue, stun other two, game over"

Playing against this team is next to impossible, unless you bring the same team.  And then it twice as boring.  (who gets 6 blue first) 

Then I try and bring an interesting combo (to make it fun for myself again) and even if I do happen win, I get hit by 10 other players knocking me down 200+ points ... Just adds to the frustration level.

Does anyone have any kind of suggesting for what teamup to use to get around this team? 
I am in 4* land , and 5* Thanos / Panther don't have enough covers or levels... I understand the game and know that a "defensive team" in not an option, but if earning back those 200+ points and trying to advance was fun again I would not mind it.  

Comments

• Pezman
    Pezman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I used carol, xfdp, and thing. Almost a win every time....
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm also a fan of X-23, DP, Medusa.

- Have X-23 tank setting off Deadpool's retaliation.
    - Medusa gives Purple/Green (and I guess Blue) AP when you match the strikes away.
    - Eventually Medusa gets enough purple to steal them
    - Once the strikes are gone, tank with X-23, cast DP red and you usually come out full health.

I might actually try this with Kraven instead of Medusa and see how that works.  He's champed for me, but just so unbelievably awful, I can't find a team for him.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    I was so sick of fighting these three that it motivated me to level my 5*.
    5* PvP has its own issue (gambit) but overall I find it a much better play experience
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I did the same as Broll and Hadronic, push up to 5-star land.  If you can do a single 450, you don't have to fight dual champs and you'll be wrecking grocket teams.  I did that until I had covers on the vine, now I'm firmly in champ gambit land.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    My fully covered 5* Gambit has cured me of such ills.
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Red Hulk, Carol, RnG.

- Tank with Red Hulk
    - Watch his anger tiles explode
    - Watch Carol buff the strikes to high heavens
    - Make a few matches
    - Win the game
    - Profit
    - Spend a single health pack on Rulk
    3* Hulk works also instead of Rulk (I don't have Rulk champed) but you get a similar effect
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    If you have a single high level 5 this team is not an issue.  Any 5(OML works best due to regen) and 4Deadpool let your 5 take the hits that will spawn deadpools passive, make sure Medusa is targeted first 3 round she is dead next Gemora finally R&G there are lots of good options without a 5 above but I will take that team every time I see it and I do not have a maxed roster by any stretch.  Medusa is only dangerous if you match tiles so do not bring tile generators and kill her first.  

I feel you on the repetition though, all I see is some combination of Gambit/DD/Thor/Thanos/BP I miss the days when I saw 4 star teams.  DO NOT LEVEL MORE THAN 1 FIVE STAR UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO MAKE THE JUMP ONE YOU HAVE 2 OR MORE THIS IS ALL YOU WILL SEE!!!! :)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Red Hulk, Carol, RnG.

- Tank with Red Hulk
    - Watch his anger tiles explode
    - Watch Carol buff the strikes to high heavens
    - Make a few matches
    - Win the game
    - Profit
    - Spend a single health pack on Rulk
    This has been my go-to as of late. It makes the match absurdly easy, to the point where I start hunting RnG/Gamora/Medusa teams.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I think this will get better and more diverse for 4* players. I would venture that a large majority of 4* players that ended up with large grockamoras moved on to gambit and 5* land.  According to gamependium, Gambit is the most champed 5* character.  With only 1 of the 3 still getting latest odds, I think the 4* simulator meta will evolve as players end up with other characters at high levels.  
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Then move up to 5* land and be tired of Gambit, Black Bolt, & Thor!

I was going to say. Though since the other player has often kindly given me the use of their Black Bolt, I put in Hawkeye to make a bit of variety.

Seriously though, the 5* tier is worse, since you will always see Gambit in any PVP, not just the Sim.  It's either Gambit and Bolt, Gambit and Thor, or maybe Gambit and Thanos or Daredevil.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the Grockmordusa reign of terror is greatly exaggerated.  I find them easy to beat and don't mind skipping around to find a match that isn't them for variety's sake.  I certainly wouldn't hop to 5 land just to avoid them lol.  I find there's plenty of counters to them and honestly leaving them on defense nowadays puts as big of a target on your back as not playing them, seeing as there are so many counters out now.  Rogue/Vulture tends to be my go-to defensive team as I think they are much more dangerous and Rogue can intercept a lot of that strike damage and power siphon Blue, before they are inevitably matched away.  I also rarely ever play the team myself, even in Sim.  If you are sick of playing them, play something different.  You have control over that.

I just tried the Kraven/Pool/X-23 team and unfortunately X-23 only tanked Green so Kraven took a huge chunk of damage.  It wasn't long though before the strikes that I didn't match away were down to about only 200 extra damage a turn, so there's that.  Might need to find a less pack intensive team with the Hunter still.  After I won twice I ended up putting up my Rogue/Vulture/ME Hulk defense team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was using Vulture/G4mora/Sandman, where Sandman is a level 209 (5/4/2) build, and that team was fun. Chase black, get vulture in the air, then let Sandman do Aoe+stun off the green and G4mora stun everyone else off the blue. Then you can start using Vulture's big green or not as you see fit. I'm not sure how "scary" that team is on defense, but it seemed decently ai proof
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    My favorite team to counter it is thing, medusa, antman. Ant man steal is less random than medusas. All you need to do is not have thing take the first hit, then he protects you and it's pretty easy. Rocket is too expensive on his other powers, so once thing nullifies the swords its done. Target medusa first.
  • Khartmann
    Khartmann Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    If you have any of XFDP, Thing, Rhulk or 3* Hulk you can win easily. Pair with Carol and RBG with then and Just trigger their powers to watch Carol boost them to sky high numbers.

Before I jumped to 5* land I used o spend my spare health packs preying on RBGamora teams to grind iso. I reached 2500 points in Sim more than once doing that.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I never see that team,
    Gambit/ Bolt/ Strange is the only team I typically skip in sim, not that they cant be beat but you are just guaranteed to need a couple health packs afterwards
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    In 5 land you can play gambit and almost whoever you want and do well....but you pretty much have to play gambit to really shine.

I'd take it all day over the rocket/gamora/medusa/carol stuff tho. That sucked to fight against and with.... having NO way to avoid damage or mitigate a substantial amount of incoming damage each turn was super lame.