Civil War feedback

St_Bernadus
St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
I like the alliance events (maybe my favorite type of event) but a few things have always bothered me and if the plan is to make them a more regular thing then I think these should be addressed.

First, big thanks for including a 4-star progression reward, that was a huge deal for me.

But the logic of the side missions still escapes me. Why do they get harder as time passes rather than according to your progress through the event? If your casual alliance doesn't start till the weekend, the round 1 boss is a walk over but the side missions are way way harder. This should be tied to the round of the event the alliance is in, not the amount of time that has passed.

Also, I would like to see the other rewards at least looked at. The 25 HP reward quite deep into progression always just makes me shake my head a little. The iso rewards feel like they are low too, plus the lack of reward after the 8th time you attack a particular boss - why not just continue the alternating 500iso/1CP structure? 

Some of these seem to punish an alliance for not being hard core or organized enough to push through and complete the event by Saturday. 

At least something to consider.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Being an alliance event, I can understand why it rewards hardcore alliances over casuals (spoken as the commander of a casual alliance whose best finish is round 6). These events definitely follow a totally different reward structure by just having personal and alliance progression, no placement. As a cooperative event, I can see why they do that, and to a degree I even enjoy that different types of events come with different mechanisms for rewards. 

I would definitely like to see SCLs added to these. Ideally in my mind would be scaling the enemy difficulty by treating each round's difficulty as a given SCL level range. You get the same winnowing/player gating effect of lower rosters having to drop out of higher rounds this way in my mind. the time-based scaling doesn't really make sense to me.

The amounts of resources could stand to be scaled up inline with other Story type events, but the addition of the 4* and legendary token to progression were really great this time. Maybe the answer here is to make sure that the subsequent event is a 7 day double reward event? Alliance rewards could be covers primarily, then the follow on event could be where you get the iso/cp/hp you need to use them?