Belligerent Brontodon not working properly

Options
AdriA
AdriA Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
The card named Belligerent Brontodon says in its description "While this creature is on the battlefield, whenever a creature you control attacks, it gains +X/0 where X is the difference between its toughness and its power until end of turn".

So, when the card is on the battlefield and attacking no other creature, but itself, gain the bonus it is supposed to gain 

Comments

• Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Which other creatures are you using with the Belligerent Brontodon?  

I have noticed that creatures with power 0 do not attack, and thus they do not get the bonus.  But if you can raise the base power above 0 (but not above the toughness value), they will get the bonus.  
    Other creatures with a power of 1 or more, but lower than toughness, are getting the bonus.  

I was trying this out in Training Grounds last night, using Shore Keeper and God-Pharaoh's Faithful.
  • AdriA
    Options
    I was using the white dinasaur 3/2 I don't remember his name.

Humm... I think I understand why the other creature didn't work.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It may be misworded. I've tested out the creature and it does work for creatures with higher toughness than power, but not with creatures that have lower toughness.
  • AdriA
    Options
    Yeah, it was my mistake
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, it's not your mistake, it's still a bug that the words don't match the effect. The easiest fix is rewriting the words properly, but it's definitely still a bug.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bumping. Additionally :vestale abbey (0/35) cannot block. But even rising it power with buff before attack it is still unable to do so. Shake v
    Because with dino it could finally get some usage ;)
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's an issue with Westvale Abbey not being able to attack regardless of it's power level.  It only says it cannot block, nothing about it not being able to attack.
    Brontodon doesn't buff creatures who don't attack.
    (yes, Westvale Abbey was one of the first pairings I tried with Brontodon as well.  Also disappointed by this realization)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options

Hi Everyone. I'm compiling a comprehensive list of all Ixalan bug reports to be sent to the development team today. I will be sure to include this issue on that list as well. Thanks for the info!