A plea, again, for a true simulator

dokiy
dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
So here I sit again, wanting to play MPQ. However I have to wait 3 hours before I can attack in the boss event. Daily Deadpool is done. PVP I’m at a stopping point for Similator climb and won’t start self-made man as waiting to start PvP until later in event is better strategy. 

Again, here I sit with nothing to play. I would love to test out my 2/2/2 American Chavez or my 2/2/3 Main Event Hulk. Or hey, try out some of my 5 stars characters with low covers to see how they work, but there is no good way to do it.

Others have asked as well, but I would love a way to play with my characters that doesn’t involve PVE or PVP. I wouldn’t care if I didn’t earn any rewards for it, just let me play! I pick 3 characters and (if programmable) the AI picks 3 random ‘toons at similar level so we can see how low characters (or champed and a way to find new combos) play. 

I just have no idea why a game would be designed to limit players from playing with over 100 characters! 

Oh well, back to waiting for boss timer. 

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    The answer is money. 
  • guzktgui
    guzktgui Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Completely agree, already finished my round of Civil War, one match in Made Man, one in Matchmaking and one in Shield, everything else is Gambit (and I can’t beat Gambit)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    You can't really say that the game is designed from stopping you from playing with over 100 characters. You just said that you can play PvP but you chose not to play it now because it is a better strategy for you.

You have the S.H.I.E.L.D simulator where you can play with any characters of your choice but it might not fit your needs because the MMR is pegged to the top x characters in your team, instead of the team that you choose. 

You have Balance of Power, where you can use any characters at level playing field (albeit it's a  once in a while thing) .

PvE is another two days or so away, so you can choose the SCL that fits the level of character that you want to test.

Probably it's going to be resource intensive from their server side to implement your idea. Every time a player change to another character, they will have to recalculate a new opponent/team so that it will be on a level playing field. 

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler

Probably it's going to be resource intensive from their server side to implement your idea. Every time a player change to another character, they will have to recalculate a new opponent/team so that it will be on a level playing field. 

I'm sure it isn't in anyway as hard as you think. They already have pre-set token pulls, have preset teams that you just dial up a level on. You could even make achievements out of it for the veterans to do.

Team A, B, C at lv 20, 50, 100 etc.

Random characters is also good, they don't have to have rainbow coverage. With their statistics monitoring they can eventually work out which are the best teams and the worse ones to filter out those sets.
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker

Two reasons this doesn't exist:

1) time / money to implement and design the feature, with no corresponding increase in sales of HP

2) if you can play any team vs any AI team, you're less likely to play PVP or normal PVE. If you're less likely to play PVP, you're less likely to need shields (ie HP, ie $$$ spent). Similarly with PVE, if you can play any team vs any team, you're less likely to feel the need to improve your roster in order to be competitive, and again, less likely to spend HP on token packs / health packs.

Borstock probably phrased it better than I did though!

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Don't see why an extra mode would be keep people from paying PVP.

I think a code that randomly generates different teams wouldn't be that hard, but not a programmer so don't know.

Would rather a season long gauntlet with improved rewards over a simulater personally.

ETA: reset prologue each locking it in based on your maximum SR ranking.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I play a couple other games that have practice mode in them were you can try out different characters and what happens is when it can out I played it for 10-15 min then I was done.  The problem with a true practice mode is there is nothing to win.  If you place a prize on a random match then you have to have the random characters level based on roster strength so low level toons cannot be used.  The closest thing to getting a true sim was the win based rewards in sim, the problem was you had to win so many matches to get the top reward it was too much of a pain to play especially with all the wins you needed in PVP.  

Take it it from someone who was around when PVE refreshes were every 4 hours being in a position to take a break is a good thing.  You can spend time with your family, get some work done, try another game.  As much as we want to play more having a system to have us take breaks is better for players long term than it is having more in game
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
    So I play a couple other games that have practice mode in them were you can try out different characters and what happens is when it can out I played it for 10-15 min then I was done.  The problem with a true practice mode is there is nothing to win.  If you place a prize on a random match then you have to have the random characters level based on roster strength so low level toons cannot be used.  The closest thing to getting a true sim was the win based rewards in sim, the problem was you had to win so many matches to get the top reward it was too much of a pain to play especially with all the wins you needed in PVP.  

Take it it from someone who was around when PVE refreshes were every 4 hours being in a position to take a break is a good thing.  You can spend time with your family, get some work done, try another game.  As much as we want to play more having a system to have us take breaks is better for players long term than it is having more in game
    People aren't asking for a simple reset though. It's a reset based on your rank and mmr. Also, concerning the "take a break" a month long pve Sim/gauntlet/prologue wouldn't demand constant play. Unlike PVP Sim, which is a single play through, a pve version would be more of a time filler when a player has nothing better to do in their spare time.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    All they need to do is run system reboot every season and keep it open for 4 weeks
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here are some practice ideas:

1. The Big Enchilada. Run any team you want. Pause and retreat if you want to do it more than once.

2.  Any PVE node can be retreated from with no penalty other than health.  Try your team and retreat before winning.

Boss Events are weird in that the nodes lock, but normally you can run PVE nodes all day long if you want.  If you care about placement, retreat.  If not, win.